Ecumenical Christmas Oratorio
|Born||2 August 2009|
|Education||Technische Hochschule Hannover|
|people, places, performances|
quality article improvement
Did you know ...
- ... that Bach's cantata Es ist euch gut, daß ich hingehe, BWV 108, for Cantate Sunday, has Gospel text sung by the bass as vox Christi and by the choir in three fugues?
- ... that the girls of the Mädchenkantorei Limburg joined a women's choir to perform sacred choral music by contemporary composers at a 2019 concert in Limburg Cathedral?
- ... that Martin Luther wrote "Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland" as a close paraphrase of the Latin hymn "Veni redemptor gentium", with a melody derived from the plainchant?
- ... that in 1990, Forbes named Carmen Thomas one of the 100 most influential women in Germany for running Hallo Ü-Wagen, a weekly travelling talk radio show with audience participation?
- ... that Eric Milnes has conducted Bach cantatas with singers performing one voice per part and the Montreal Baroque Orchestra, planning to record them all?
- ... that Monteverdi set the beginning of Psalm 70, traditionally opening vespers, in his Vespro della Beata Vergine as a brilliant "call to attention"?
- ... that Liselotte Hammes, a soprano with the Cologne Opera, appeared as Sophie in Der Rosenkavalier at the Glyndebourne Festival alongside Teresa Żylis-Gara in the title role and Montserrat Caballé as the Marschallin?
- ... that Christa Wolf's Der geteilte Himmel (cover pictured), published in East Germany in 1963, was called a "socialist bestseller"?
- ... that a clinic in Mali is named after Werner Bardenhewer, born 90 years ago today (30 January 2019), who was for decades priest of St. Bonifatius, Wiesbaden, and then founded a charity group? RIP
- ... that the interior of the church Mariä Heimsuchung, a tall concrete landmark of Wiesbaden, features two large, abstract triptychs?
- ... that "Das Weizenkorn muss sterben" (The grain of wheat must die), the signature song written by Lothar Zenetti, deals with the mystery of faith that in death there is life?
- ... that architect Jörg Streli and his two colleagues, a team for 35 years, designed the Sankt-Margarethen-Kapelle in Tyrol, which rises like a tower on a circular floor?
- ... that Arvo Pärt composed the motet The Deer's Cry on a commission from Louth, Ireland, setting the conclusion of Saint Patrick's Breastplate, "Christ with me"?
- ... that the Limburger Domsingknaben, a boys' choir founded in 1967 by Wilhelm Kempf to sing at the Limburg Cathedral, took part in the premiere of Kagel's Sankt-Bach-Passion?
- ... that Bach set the phrase "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks" from Psalm 75 in German to begin a cantata, and in Latin in his Mass in B minor?
- ... that David Timm, the director of music at Leipzig University, recorded his Jazz-Messe together with Reger's Der 100. Psalm?
- ... that in 1990, hornist, conductor, and composer Siegfried Geißler opened the inaugural session of the first Parliament of Thuringia?
- ... that Wilhelm Kempf, Bishop of Limburg from 1949 to 1981, took part in the Second Vatican Council and introduced its innovations in his diocese, including spiritual discourse and open dialogue?
- ... that Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben (Fall with thanks, fall with praise), Part IV of Bach's Christmas Oratorio for New Year's Day 1735, celebrates the naming of Jesus?
- ... that after the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change shared the Nobel Peace Prize, contributing author Raymond Arritt said, "It's kind of neat: I have, like, .002 percent of a Nobel prize now"?
|Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben, BWV 248 IV||1 Jan q||23 Jan||EU10k|
|Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein||13 Jan q||2 Feb||de: 2 Feb
SG: 26 Feb
|EU10k RIP Shock Brigade Harvester Boris 14 November 2018|
|Werner Bardenhewer||16 Jan||30 Jan||de: 18 Jan
SG 30 Jan
RD 14−15 Apr
|EU10k 90th bday 30 Jan RIP 10 April|
|Psalm 75 (Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks)||20 Jan||28 Feb||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Jörg Streli||20 Feb||23 Mar||de: 20 Feb
SG 26 Feb
|EU10k RIP 13 Feb|
|Six Motets, Op. 82 (Kiel)||27 Feb||nom||EU10k|
|Werner Schneyder||4 Mar||RD nom||de+||EU10k RIP 2 March 2019|
|Mädchenkantorei Limburg||5 Mar||17 May||173 EU10k|
|Amore traditore, BWV 203||21 Mar||nom||de+||expand (2012 by Dr. Blofeld) EU10k premiere 1719? - happy birthday|
|Vespro della Beata Vergine||25 Mar||nom||de++||expand (2003 by IP) EU10k sources by Brianboulton|
|Ruth Hesse||28 Mar||DYK||de+||180 EU10k started by LouisAlain 23 Mar|
|Patrick Lange (conductor)||1 Apr||12 Apr||de+||EU10k bday 12 Apr|
|Rosl Schwaiger||2 Apr||30 Apr||de+||183 EU10k started by LouisAlain 25 Mar|
|Sylvia Geszty||3 Apr||nom||de++||184 EU10k started by LouisAlain 26 Mar RIP 13 December 2018|
|Die sieben Worte Jesu Christi am Kreuz||4 Apr||19 Apr||de+||expand (2013 by In ictu oculi) EU10k Good Friday|
|Psalm 113 (Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD)||4 Apr||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Ruth-Margret Pütz||5 Apr||RD 7 Apr
|de||185 EU10k RIP 1 April 2018 started by LouisAlain 5 Apr|
|Herbert Schachtschneider||5 Apr||DYK||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain 24 Mar|
|Christus, der uns selig macht||6 Apr||18 Apr||EU10k Maundy Thursday, dedicated to the memory of Werner Bardenhewer|
|Psalm 122 (I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.)||7 Apr||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Popule meus (Victoria)||7 Apr||19 Apr||EU10k Good Friday|
|Jennifer Holloway||8 Apr||nom||186 EU10k|
|Missa angelica||9 Apr||EU10k Easter|
|Paul Dessau||10 Apr||de++||reference and expand (2007 by Bamse) EU10k|
|Bohumil Herlischka||11 Apr||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 6 Mar|
|Christian Elsner||12 Apr||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 9 Mar|
|Dieter Mathoi||13 Apr||nom||de||EU10k|
|Psalm 150 (Franck)||14 Apr||nom||EU10k|
|Der kleine Tag||15 Apr||23 Apr||de||EU10k 23 Apr|
|Katja Wulff||16 Apr||5 May||de||187 dance in April EU10k|
|Schauspiel Frankfurt||17 Apr||de||redirect EU10k with Grimes2|
|Celestina Casapietra||18 Apr||DYK||de++||188 started by LouisAlain 14 Apr|
|Da Jesus an dem Kreuze stund||19 Apr||EU10k|
|Theater Saarbrücken||20 Apr||DYK||de++||EU10k|
|Psalm 118 (O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. )||21 Apr||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah and JohnThorne|
|Gerd Heinz||22 Apr||nom||de||EU10k|
|Herr, dir ist nichts verborgen||23 Apr||EU10k dedicated to the memory of Werner Bardenhewer|
|Hedi Schoop||24 Apr||14 May||de+||189 dance in April EU10k|
|Ernst Gutstein||25 Apr||nom||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain 22 Apr, bday 15 May|
|Karl Heinz||26 Apr||de||redirect EU10k|
|Ria Thiele||27 Apr||DYK||de||190 dance in April EU10k|
|Psalm 147 (Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God)||28 Apr||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Eric Milnes||29 Apr||DYK||bday 7 May|
|Elżbieta Szmytka||30 Apr||DYK||de+||191 EU10k started by LouisAlain 27 Apr|
|Wilhelmine Lübke||3 May||nom||de+||192 May women EU10k bday 9 May|
|Hallo Ü-Wagen||3 May||nom||de||EU10k|
|Elisabeth Erdmann-Macke||4 May||DYK||de++||193 May women EU10k bday 11 May|
|Psalm 103 (Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.)||6 May||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah and JohnThorne|
|Das Märchen von der schönen Lilie||7 May||15 May||expand (2007 by Michael Bednarek) EU10k premiere 15 May 1969|
|Georg Katzer||8 May||RD 8–13 May||de++||refs EU10k RIP 7 May, article started by Jerome Kohl|
|Antigone oder die Stadt||9 May||DYK||EU10k|
|Jens Beutel||10 May||de++||expand EU10k RIP 8 May|
|Alfred Kirchner||11 May||DYK||de||EU10k bday 22 May|
|Anatol Herzfeld||13 May||de+||expand (2013 by Wikiwiserick) EU10k RIP 10 May, notice 12 May|
|Deborah Cook (soprano)||14 May||ar||refs, EU10k RIP 22 April, notice 8 May|
|Erik Werba||15 May||nom||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 17 Feb, bday 23 May|
|Wächter (Anatol)||16 May||nom||EU10k|
|Kaufhaus Tyrol||17 May||nom||de||EU10k|
|Rolf Riehm||18 May||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 15 May, bday 15 Jun|
|Christus ist erstanden! O tönt||19 May||EU10k|
|Joseph Ward (tenor)||20 May||fr+||refs, EU10k RIP 27 April, notice 8 May|
|Kurt Honolka||May||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 1 Apr|
|Ulrich Leyendecker||May||nom||de||expand EU10k|
|Damiano Michieletto||nom||de+||expand (2015 by Edwardx) EU10k|
|Missa brevis (Nystedt)||26 May||nom||EU10k Pentecost|
|Ernst Gerold Schramm||nom||de++||EU10k|
|Psalm 13 (How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever?)||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah and JohnThorne|
|Ambroise Ouédraogo||nom||expand stub EU10k|
|Melanie Diener||nom||EU10k started by LouisAlain 28 Mar|
|Oper Frankfurt||nom||de||redirect EU10k with Grimes2|
|Paulinerkirche, Leipzig||y||de++||update (2009 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k|
|For the Beauty of the Earth (Rutter)||nom|
|Verein der Berliner Künstlerinnen||nom||de||EU10k|
|Evangelist (music)||y||EU10k expand|
|Alles nur nach Gottes Willen, BWV 72||nom||de++||expand (2009 by Campelli) EU10k 3rd Sunday after Trinity|
|Die Zeit, die Tag und Jahre macht, BWV 134a||12 Jun 2018||y · TFA
1 January 2019
|de++||expand (2010) EU10k GA nom 2 Sep, GA by Ritchie 18 Sep, FAC 4 Oct, FA 8 Nov, TFA 1 Jan 2019|
|Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben, BWV 248 IV||1 Jan||23 Jan||EU10k GAN 23 Jan|
|Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen, BWV 56||y||de++||expand (2006 by Dgies), FAC 6 Apr 2018, archived 12 Jun|
|Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland||11 May||de++||expand (2010 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k, GAN 13 Dec 2018, review by Vami IV 30 Mar, GA 1 Apr|
|Jauchzet, frohlocket! BWV 248 I||6 Dec 2018||25 Dec||EU10k 25 Dec GAN 25 Dec|
|Unionskirche, Idstein||6 Jan||y||de++||expand (2011) reformation EU10k GAN 6 Jan|
|Nun danket all und bringet Ehr||9 Jan||y||de+||expand (2018) GAN 9 Jan|
|Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein||13 Jan||2 Feb||EU10k RIP Shock Brigade Harvester Boris 14 November 2018 · GAN 2 Feb|
|Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist||15 Jan||y||de+||expand (2011) EU10k GAN 14 Feb 2017, review by Yash! 25 Apr, GA 6 May, PRN 15 Jan 2019|
|Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr||11 Mar||y||de++||expand (2017) EU10k|
|Vespro della Beata Vergine||25 Mar||nom||de++||expand (2003 by IP) EU10k|
Deaths, with thanks for what they did in life
The people in bold shaped my life.
|Raymond Arritt||14 November 2018||29 Nov||12 Jan||de++||nom, by IntoThinAir - shock|
|Amos Oz||28 December||29 Dec||30 Dec – 3 Jan||de++||update (2003 by IP)|
|Wilma Lipp||26 January 2019||28 Jan||28 Jan||de++||expand (2008 by Marleau)|
|Tomi Ungerer||8 February||10 Feb||10–11 Feb||de++||expand (2004 by Wolf Deunan)|
|Hans Stadlmair||13 February||16 Feb||16–17 Feb||y||de+||expand (2011)|
|Jörg Streli||13 February||20 Feb||23 Mar||de: 20 Feb
SG 26 Feb
|Lothar Zenetti||24 February||25 Feb||25 Feb – 1 Mar||y||de||Das Weizenkorn muss sterben|
|Jacques Loussier||5 March||7 Mar||7–11 Mar||de++||refs|
|Michael Gielen||8 March||8 Mar||10–14 Mar||de++||expand · Ein Traumspiel|
|Wolfgang Meyer||17 March||21 Mar||24–26 Mar||13 May||de||expand (2009 by Nikkimaria)|
|Sylvia Geszty||13 December 2018||3 Apr||nom||de++||expand|
|Ruth-Margret Pütz||1 April 2019||5 Apr||7–9 Apr||nom||de||new|
|Werner Bardenhewer||10 April||13 Apr||14−15 Apr||30 Jan||de++||Christus, der uns selig macht|
|Hannelore Elsner||21 April||23 Apr||24–27 Apr||DYK||de++||expand stub|
|Ellen Schwiers||26 April||26 Apr||27 Apr – 5 May||DYK||de++||expand stub|
|Georg Katzer||7 May||8 May||8–13 May||de++||refs, article started by Jerome Kohl|
|Jens Beutel||8 May||10 May||13–14 May||de++||expand stub|
|Anatol Herzfeld||10 May||13 May||de+||expand (2013 by Wikiwiserick) Wächter (Anatol)|
|Paul-Werner Scheele||10 May||13 May||de+||started by Jonny Nixon|
|Unita Blackwell||13 May||14 May||14–19 May||2017||GA by Coffee|
|Fylbecatulous||29 October 2018||se||noticed 16 May · her edit notice: "I contribute here for happiness; as an enchantment against sorrow."|
Elizabeth Bartlet (musicologist) · Golem (Casken opera) ·· Hansgünther Heyme q ·· Pasqualati House p · Marlise Wendels q · Ein Landarzt (opera) · Apollo 11 Fiftieth Anniversary commemorative coins · ..... sofferte onde serene ...
nominated: 8 · open: 2 · appeared: 6 · pictured: 1 · stats: 0 · quirky: 2
RISE project (oceanography) p · New York City Board of Aldermen p (100) · Demolition of the Babri Masjid · Nostradamos (band) · Derrick Morris · Megumi Nakajima p · Willem Botha · Omer Yankelevich p · St Maurice's Church, Soultz-Haut-Rhin p · National liberation skirt p · No Place to Go (2000 film) · Adriaan de Bruin p (90) · Lees of Scotland · James Acaster's Classic Scrapes · Halca (musician) · North Woods and North Meadow · Troy (opera), Bujor Hoinic 2 · Crinoid p GA · Scaled piculet · Alejandra Melfo (80) · Yang Naisi · Kate Gallego p · Zond 5 GA ·· Demographics of Filipino Americans · El Drago Milenario 2 s · Katie Bouman s · Ranke Library · Silesian Wars ps · Pan Inuit Trails Atlas · Maxmuelleria lankesteri (70) · Hermann Herlitz ps · Marni Abbott-Peter · Virginia Overton · Ronald Read (philanthropist) qs · Jeff Berry (mixologist) q · Royal vole · Euphrasie Kouassi Yao · Coccothrinax jamaicensis · Alfred Clayton Cole · Fabiana Rosales ps (60, more archived)
reviewed: 101 · open: 24 · appeared: 77 · pictured: 17 · quirky: 10 · stats: 10
Request for comment
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Quality Article Improvement
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Germany · Interview · Signpost 2014-04-02 Project Germany · DYK
- ill · German Culture
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Editor Retention
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Freedom of speech
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Opera · DYK · I love opera
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women · Women in Red · showcase
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Classical music · participants
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Composers
- Europe/The 10,000 Challenge
- Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates