|30 April 2019|
- 1 Kyle Hamar
- 2 Controversy
- 3 Did you know? contributions:
- 4 New articles
- 5 Important tips and articles
- 6 Did you know? nominations:
- 7 Significant expansions:
- 8 Early work
- 9 Early career
- 10 Current
- 11 Tools I like on WP
- 12 Useful wiki-related pages
- 13 Useful wiki-related templates
- 14 Subscriptions
- 15 Tomorrow's featured article
- 16 References
I firmly support the intent of Wikipedia to bring people together on topics and work toward common goals in an open and transparent manner.
I proudly support the work of Guerrilla Skepticism on Wikipedia, where all edits are open and transparent and secondary references are more important than your belief system on any one subject. Editors with similar interest should work together on articles. I do not edit controversial pages. Although I will be happy to help you with any article in my core subject areas - I am unlikely to join in "your cause" on a given controversy. In my opinion this is not the role of a good editor nor the purpose behind Wikipedia. Collaboration on subjects of interest for the improvement of those articles is my choice instead.
Did you know? contributions:
- Measles virus encoding the human thyroidal sodium iodide symporter (MV-NIS)
- Germanene - also posted on front page In the news on 15 September 2014.
- Susan Gerbic
- Julius Youngner
- Maria Helena Braga
Important tips and articles
Did you know? nominations:
- Supervisor, Texas Instruments Silicon Engineering Technology Center.
- Supervisor and Manager at Ashland Specialty Chemical.
- Site Manager for Houghton Fluidcare
Plant Manager, Kanto Corporation.
Recent professional focus has involved process safety and associated regulations.
- 29 CFR Department of Labor/Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- 40 CFR Environmental Protection Agency
- 49 CFR Department of Transportation/National Transportation Safety Board
- State and Local Codes (varies)
- National Standards
- API American Petroleum Institute
- ASHRAE American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
- ASME American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- NFPA National Fire Protection Association
- NIOSH National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (REGAGEP)
- This may include other code requirements and or good Engineering (best practices) considerations not mentioned above.
- All manufacturers’ written instructions, requirements, and recommendations.
Tools I like on WP
- FIST Free Image Search Tool
- Magnus' tools
- Image checker
- Article traffic statistics
- Shoot Me
- CleanupWorklistBot project list
- Bare url → ref. (Reflinks)
- Bare url → ref. (Google Books, NYT, etc.)
- Edits from an IP range
- Search links by url
- Tables help
- Table markup
- User:Citation bot/use
- Wikipedia:Citation templates
- Diberri tool
- Wiki traffic stats
- Anti-Vandalism Center
- How a page would look at different screen resolutions
I use this as a scratch area to drop bits of wiki markup. Sometimes this section is blank or sparsely populated...
|Editing Skill||WikiMedia Commons|