- An administrator on the English language Wikipedia.
- Completely and totally incompetent when it comes to the look and feel of user pages, please help
- My desk For my own personal use, and drafts
|The following is a content that has been placed in a collapse box for improved usability.|
Permission and access revocation
I explicitly authorize the immediate removal of my sysop permission if any of the following occur:
Today's witticism: TMI. Especially applies to bad writing.
- Something all Wikipedian's should remember.
- Spend more time with your family and/or friends than with Wikipedia.
- Peace-making is the first step in right-making.
- Sometimes you're wrong.
- It can happen to you.
- Wikipedia is huge.
- The more time you spend talking, the more likely you've already said something stupid.
- Don't stand on principle. Be principled, stand on reasons.
- Policy is a tool, not an end.
- Keep threaded discussions short and sweet so new readers can keep up without having to emotional energy catching up.
- Loyalty is the most beguiling of virtues. It leads the evil to kindness, and the kind to meanness.
- Don't use policy as a weapon.
- Sometimes the only solution is one that makes no one happy.
- If you use it like a weapon, consensus will forever be beyond your grasp.
- If a standard process leads you to the right result but takes a lot of work, follow the process. If process leads you to a result you don't like, follow the process. If process leads you to an absurd result, ignore the process.
- Learn the difference between absurd and unfortunate.
- Understand the reasons behind the policy you invoke.
- Contextualization ruins everything.
- A fanatic is someone who has forgotten where they are going - but has redoubled his efforts to get there.
- A partisan is someone who has forgotten that the goal is to win the war, not to beat the enemy.
- To no editor is any process due, but every editor is due respect.
Add your own
- Bwilkins first rule of Sockpuppet Accusations: Put up or shut up. Either file your SPI, or STFU
- Bwilkins first rule of Edit Warring: Except for clear vandalism, DON'T. No excuses
- Jehochman's rule of regret: When you feel the tingle of adrenaline, DON'T hit the save button.