User talk:Anna Frodesiak
Wikipedia appears to be blocked now in China. I will probably not be back unless this changes. – Anna 06:35, 26 April 2019 (UTC)
To leave me a message, click here.
- 1 ArbCom 2019 special circular
- 2 Administrator account security (Correction to Arbcom 2019 special circular)
- 3 Hi Anna
- 4 Orphaned non-free image File:Brahma Kumaris international logo.png
- 5 Are you interested in Cuba Wikiproject?
- 6 Orphaned non-free image File:DZRH station logo 001.jpg
- 7 Goodbye
- 8 Wojciech Waleczek
- 9 Invitation to project revival
- 10 VPNs
- 11 AfroCine: Join the Months of African Cinema this October!
- 12 You've got mail
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
ArbCom 2019 special circular
Administrator account security (Correction to Arbcom 2019 special circular)
ArbCom would like to apologise and correct our previous mass message in light of the response from the community.
Since November 2018, six administrator accounts have been compromised and temporarily desysopped. In an effort to help improve account security, our intention was to remind administrators of existing policies on account security — that they are required to "have strong passwords and follow appropriate personal security practices." We have updated our procedures to ensure that we enforce these policies more strictly in the future. The policies themselves have not changed. In particular, two-factor authentication remains an optional means of adding extra security to your account. The choice not to enable 2FA will not be considered when deciding to restore sysop privileges to administrator accounts that were compromised.
We are sorry for the wording of our previous message, which did not accurately convey this, and deeply regret the tone in which it was delivered.
For the Arbitration Committee, -Cameron11598 21:03, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- Same here! I really hope things change and the censorship is lifted there... :-( ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs) 09:33, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Brahma Kumaris international logo.png
Thanks for uploading File:Brahma Kumaris international logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:38, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
Are you interested in Cuba Wikiproject?
Hi there! I am looking to revive the Cuba WikiProject over at WP:CUB! I am contacting you because you are on the member list, but I want to see who is willing to still work on this. If you are interested, please let me know! I would love to see this project as successful as possible. Feel free to contact me with any questions - please ping me so I don't miss it! Have a great day, Snowycats (talk) 23:06, 11 June 2019 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:DZRH station logo 001.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:DZRH station logo 001.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 02:30, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
I was hoping Wikipedia access would have returned to China by July. It has not. That's life. I edited for just over ten years, so I guess that is plenty of service. I have an off-line version, so I can still read the thing. That's great.
I will try to make an edit once in a while just to see if access has returned. I will not request removal of the admin tools just yet. You never know what will happen. I will be de-sysopped automatically in a year.
I may still write a few articles and get them into Wikipedia via IRC.
Thank you everyone, especially those very special people (you know who you are). It has been a privilege collaborating with all of you.
- Miss you. -- œ™ 23:02, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- Three years ago, when I made my first edit, back when I knew nothing about anything Wikipedia-related, you helped me understand how to edit. If you had not been so helpful to a user with so few contributions I would not be here contributing today. Thank you. If you do not edit again, know that you'll be missed. Regards, Vermont (talk) 23:04, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- "out of respect for the laws of the People’s Republic of China" – that sounds disturbing. Best wishes nonetheless. --Prüm (talk) 22:22, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- Very sad to read this. I do hope it is not the last I read from you. - Sitush (talk) 22:26, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- I am very sorry to hear this Anna. You will be missed. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 07:22, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- Sad to hear this. Hope things would improve so that you may return back. All the best for your undertakings in real life. Regards. --DBigXrayᗙ 09:10, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi. Could you please help me to move an userspace draft about an award-winning composer into article space? I would appreciate this a lot if you could review it or tell me who could review the article. The draft is about Wojciech Waleczek—a succesful pianist from Poland whose numerous achievements deserve to be celebrated with his own Wikipedia page. He took 3rd prize at the Premio Mario Zanfi competition and was the absolute winner of the 4th Franz Liszt National Piano Competition—to name just a few of his accomplishments. Mr Waleczek already has his articles on German and Polish Wikipedia. Hope to hear back from you. Regards, AngelOfDestiny (talk) 13:44, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
Invitation to project revival
Dear user, I, with Willbb234, are a attempting to revive the Wikiproject Requested Articles, of which you are a member. If you wish to be a part of our effort, feel free to add your signature in it's talk page. Best regards, Eni vak (speak) 16:16, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Just read that you prefer not to use a VPN. As someone with zero respect for China's laws I can't really understand that; but I'll just have to accept it. Poveglia (talk) 16:46, 16 September 2019 (UTC)