User talk:Callanecc/Archive 6

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7

Contents

Tea Party arbitration notes

I may be wrong, but I think note NYB_R1 should have "4.2" changed to "1.1". — Arthur Rubin (talk) 09:11, 10 May 2013 (UTC)

Fixed, thanks. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 05:33, 11 May 2013 (UTC)

Jerusalem RfC discussion: step four

Hello everyone. We are now at step four of the Jerusalem RfC discussion, where we will decide the details of the RfC implementation. This is the home stretch - the RfC proper will begin as soon as we have finished this step. Step four is also less complicated than the previous steps, as it is mostly about procedural issues. This means it should be over with a lot more quickly than the previous steps. There are some new questions for you to answer at the discussion page, and you can see how the RfC is shaping up at the RfC draft page. Also, when I say that this step should be over with a lot quicker than the previous steps, I mean it: I have set a provisional deadline of Monday, 20th May for responses. I'm looking forward to seeing your input. Best regards — Mr. Stradivarius ♪ talk ♪ 12:55, 13 May 2013 (UTC)

Kendrick Lamar Page Edit Request on April 30 2013

Callanec, I believe this addition: 1) Establishes Kendrick's connection to the TDE YouTube page, 2) highlights Kendrick's acting abilities, and 3) provides further information on the character he portayed. What do you think? (Briguy1990 (talk) 21:56, 9 May 2013 (UTC))

See Talk:Kendrick Lamar/Archive 1#Edit request on 30 April 2013. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 07:16, 14 May 2013 (UTC)

Untitled section

sorry it was a mistake — Preceding unsigned comment added by Suresh kumar paruchuri (talkcontribs) 05:07, 14 May 2013 (UTC)

No problem, I've reverted your changes so no harm done. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 05:10, 14 May 2013 (UTC)

Talkback

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Callanecc. You have new messages at WilliamH's talk page.
Message added 09:35, 15 May 2013 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

WilliamH (talk) 09:35, 15 May 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia:Requests for comment/No big deal?

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia:Requests for comment/No big deal?. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 13:18, 17 May 2013 (UTC)

Jerusalem RfC discussion: final countdown

Hello again, everyone. I have now closed all the questions for step four, and updated the RfC draft. We are scheduled to start the Jerusalem RfC at 09:00, 23 May 2013 (UTC). Before then, I would like you to check the draft page, Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Jerusalem, and see if there are any errors or anything that you would like to improve. If it's a small matter of copy editing, then you can edit the page directly. If it's anything that might be contentious, then please start a discussion at Talk:Jerusalem/2013 RfC discussion#The final countdown. I'll check through everything and then set the RfC in motion on Thursday. Best — Mr. Stradivarius ♪ talk ♪ 16:10, 21 May 2013 (UTC)

The Signpost: 20 May 2013

Jerusalem RfC has started

Hello again everyone. We have finally made it - the RfC is now open, and a few editors have chimed in already. The discussion is located at Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Jerusalem. I'm sure you don't actually need me to tell you this, but please go over there and leave your comments. :) You are the editors most familiar with the Jerusalem lead dispute on Wikipedia, so it would be very useful for the other participants to see what you have to say. And again, thank you for all your hard work in the discussions leading up to this. We shall reconvene after the results of the RfC have been announced, so that we can work out any next steps we need to take, if necessary. Best regards — Mr. Stradivarius ♪ talk ♪ 13:19, 23 May 2013 (UTC)

Counter Vandalism Academy

I don't have much to say, but I'd like to join your Counter Vandalism Academy unit to help clearly distinguish what is and what isn't vandalism. I have a basic understanding, but there are still some that are a bit difficult to figure out. Thanks! -- (T) Numbermaniac (C) 08:01, 25 May 2013 (UTC)

Hi Numbermaniac, I'd be very happy to take you on as a student. I've set up a page for you to work through, I'll add new tasks as you complete the ones which are there. Given your current level of experience feel free to use the talk page if you wish to ask questions about reverts you've made. It'll probably be easier if, when you finish a section or ask a question add [[User:Callanecc]] at the bottom of it, because this will send me a notification so there is no risk me missing it on my watchlist. Regards, Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 09:09, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
Thanks! I shall start tomorrow (AEST time). Thanks again! -- (T) Numbermaniac (C) 09:14, 26 May 2013 (UTC)

ac status query

Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Tea_Party_movement/Proposed_decision#Xenophrenic_status NE Ent 13:15, 26 May 2013 (UTC)

Elgie Sims (politician page)

The page says that Marcus Evans is State Representative of the 34th District, but Elgie R. Sims, Jr. Is the State Representative of the 34th District, the heading and body of the section are incorrect. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 67.176.194.117 (talk) 04:54, 28 May 2013 (UTC)

Fixed, thank you! Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 07:39, 28 May 2013 (UTC)

Talkback

Hi Callanecc, please check your ms.wiki talk page. You have new messages! Face-tongue.svg Arctic Kangaroo () 14:38, 21 May 2013 (UTC)

Thanks :) Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 14:44, 21 May 2013 (UTC)

The Signpost: 27 May 2013

CVUA

Hello Callanecc.. I am going to start CVUA training for one editor. So for that purpose I may copy some stuff form your CVUA pages. I hope that is fine.--Vigyanitalkਯੋਗਦਾਨ 06:04, 1 June 2013 (UTC)

Yeah of course, go ahead, see User:Callanecc/CVUA/Tasks. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 08:06, 1 June 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Protection policy

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Protection policy. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 13:16, 1 June 2013 (UTC)


Xenophrenic

I couldn't see if Xenophrenic had been formally notified of the ArbCom case, so I have left them a note: User_talk:Xenophrenic#Wikipedia:Arbitration.2FRequests.2FCase.2FTea_Party_movement, and advised them to contact you for advice on how to present any evidence at this stage if they decide to do so. I am unsure of the process, but it may be that the evidence page could be opened up just for them. SilkTork ✔Tea time 13:51, 1 June 2013 (UTC)

GOCE May drive wrap-up

Guild of Copy Editors May 2013 backlog elimination drive wrap-up newsletter
Writing Magnifying.PNG

We have completed our May backlog elimination drive.

The drive wrap-up newsletter is now ready for review.

– Your project coordinators: Torchiest, BDD, and Miniapolis

Sign up for the June blitz! To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list. Newsletter delivered by EdwardsBot (talk) 04:49, 5 June 2013 (UTC)

The Signpost: 05 June 2013

How can I put the ""This user has been on Wikipedia""?

By/on: Johngabriel.ibay (talk) 21:11, 7 June 2013 (UTC) How can I put "This user has been on Wikipedia for x years, xx months and xx days"? x- number

(talk page stalker) Add {{User Wikipedian For|year=XXXX|month=XX|day=XX}} where you'd like it to appear. Cheers, Theopolisme (talk) 15:09, 8 June 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (music)

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (music). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 14:15, 11 June 2013 (UTC)

The Signpost: 12 June 2013

WikiProject AFC needs your help... again

WikiProject Articles for creation Backlog Elimination Drive
AFC-Logo.svg

WikiProject AFC is holding a one month long Backlog Elimination Drive!
The goal of this drive is to eliminate the backlog of unreviewed articles. The drive is running from July 1st, 2013 – July 31st, 2013.

Awards will be given out for all reviewers participating in the drive in the form of barnstars at the end of the drive.
There is a backlog of over 1000 articles, so start reviewing articles! Visit the drive's page and help out!

A new version of our AfC helper script is released! It includes many bug fixes, new improvements and features, code cleanup, and more page cleanups. If you want to see a full list of changes, go to Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/Helper script/Development page. Please report bugs and feature requests there, too! Thanks.

Delivered at 13:05, 19 June 2013 (UTC) by EdwardsBot (talk), on behalf of WikiProject AFC

Discussion at SWAT article

There is a discussion on the SWAT talk page regarding an issue you commented on before. [1] Niteshift36 (talk) 12:22, 20 June 2013 (UTC)

The Signpost: 19 June 2013

GOCE June/July 2013 events

Guild of Copy Editors July 2013 backlog elimination drive wrap-up newsletter
Writing Magnifying.PNG

We have completed our June blitz and are about to commence our July backlog elimination drive.

The June/July 2013 events newsletter is now ready for review.

– Your project coordinators: Torchiest, BDD, and Miniapolis

Sign up for the July drive! To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list. Newsletter delivered by EdwardsBot (talk) 20:15, 24 June 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Trademarks

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Trademarks. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 02:59, 25 June 2013 (UTC)

ACC + holiday = huh

You are supposed to be on holiday not suspending stewards from ACC :P Last i noticed they seem to have an exemption and the one in question is also an admin independent of the later steward position. He tends to be active in the IRC channel usually a few hours from now. This is one of those things apparently either noone told you of or noone told me has been changed. delirious & lost~hugs~ 03:46, 8 July 2013 (UTC)

I sort of have internet access so I thought I'd check in and see what needed to be done at ACC and ArbCom. I'm thinking it's something I didn't know about. I searched the Google Group for his username and didn't find anything about an exemption so I suspended. Sorry about that, would you please apologise for me, since I don't have access to IRC at the moment so can't myself. Thanks for letting me know. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 08:44, 8 July 2013 (UTC)

RFAR

Thank you. Any and all help is welcomed. — Ched :  ?  17:38, 12 July 2013 (UTC)

Margo Baumgarten Davis

I don't get it, Callanecc. Margo is noted for her work. Please explain your action. John Leavitt, paloaltoeast@hotmail.com and www.rowaytonkids.com. This is with regard to the Rowayton Wikipedia site — Preceding unsigned comment added by 96.32.54.98 (talk) 15:54, 13 July 2013 (UTC)

Have a look at this which will explain why I removed the external links. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 05:21, 14 July 2013 (UTC)

VisualEditor - template inspector

Hey Callanecc

I'm sending you this because you've made quite a few edits to the template namespace in the past couple of months. If I've got this wrong, or if I haven't but you're not interested in my request, don't worry; this is the only notice I'm sending out on the subject :).

So, as you know (or should know - we sent out a centralnotice and several watchlist notices) we're planning to deploy the VisualEditor on Monday, 1 July, as the default editor. For those of us who prefer markup editing, fear not; we'll still be able to use the markup editor, which isn't going anywhere.

What's important here, though, is that the VisualEditor features an interactive template inspector; you click an icon on a template and it shows you the parameters, the contents of those fields, and human-readable parameter names, along with descriptions of what each parameter does. Personally, I find this pretty awesome, and from Monday it's going to be heavily used, since, as said, the VisualEditor will become the default.

The thing that generates the human-readable names and descriptions is a small JSON data structure, loaded through an extension called TemplateData. I'm reaching out to you in the hopes that you'd be willing and able to put some time into adding TemplateData to high-profile templates. It's pretty easy to understand (heck, if I can write it, anyone can) and you can find a guide here, along with a list of prominent templates, although I suspect we can all hazard a guess as to high-profile templates that would benefit from this. Hopefully you're willing to give it a try; the more TemplateData sections get added, the better the interface can be. If you run into any problems, drop a note on the Feedback page.

Thanks, Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 21:53, 28 June 2013 (UTC)

Jerusalem RfC: breakdown of results

Hello again everyone. Now that the Jerusalem RfC has been closed and there has been time for the dust to settle, I thought it would be a good time to start step six of the moderated discussion. If you could leave your feedback over at the discussion page, it will be most appreciated. — Mr. Stradivarius ♪ talk ♪ 09:38, 15 July 2013 (UTC)

Kiefer/Ironholds

You closed the section Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds/Evidence#RfCs: Ironholds and Wikipedia's IRC channels while I was writing the following section Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds/Evidence#Conduct outside Wikipedia, which refers to it. I will happily remove/move/edit that if you would like me to. Thryduulf (talk) 10:15, 16 July 2013 (UTC)

That's alright, I've merged it with the section I closed. Feel free to reword the last sentence so it makes sense if you wish. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 10:24, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
Thanks, and it only took the changing of one word to make it make sense. Thryduulf (talk) 10:27, 16 July 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals)

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 04:15, 17 July 2013 (UTC)

Deleting my comments at Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds/Evidence

I would like to ask you to reconsider this edit. I believe that my good-faith question was relevant and appropriate in a case that hinges on the question of on-wiki responses to off-wiki behavior.

If, upon reconsideration, you still think that my question was "not at all relevant", I would ask you to reconsider your decision to delete my question rather than collapsing the discussion, as was done here and here or closing the discussion, as was done here and here. (Also see Wikipedia:Talk page guidelines#Off-topic posts and Wikipedia:Talk page guidelines#Removing harmful posts.) Even if we assume that my question was not relevant, comparing those four closings/collapsings with my deleted question I don't see anything about my comments that justifies them being deleted rather than being closed or collapsed. --Guy Macon (talk) 10:07, 19 July 2013 (UTC)

Hi Guy, I still don't see that it is relevant to the case, as it is mostly answered here and does not provide any further detail to the case. In this case your question had been asked and answered so I didn't see a reason that it needed to be retained on the case page. However those other sections had resulted in some discussion and a post by Arbitrator David Fuchs so removing them could be confusing to people reading the page. I removed it because it had been answered, there was no discussion (and no need for discussion on the case page) and it wasn't relevant; I can see where you are coming from regarding removing rather than closing or collapsing but I did this simply because of those point not because it was objectionable in anyway. Regarding the authority to remove and refactor comments, that is granted to all Arb Clerks generally and by the Arbitrators in this case specifically. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 10:51, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
Thanks. I have no problem with clerks doing their job (isn't there an "abuse the clerks" rule, or does it just seem that way sometimes?); I just wanted to understand the reasoning. --Guy Macon (talk) 11:08, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
No worries. I think it's mostly changed to abuse the Arbs at the moment. Hope my explanation shed some light. Regards, Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:49, 20 July 2013 (UTC)

Adding a party to the DC case filing

Hello, I notice a rather glaring omission to the Delicious Carbuncle case; why has Kintetsubuffalo not been added as a party? I'd presume that a statement from him would be just as desirable as the one y'all are trying to get from DC. Tarc (talk) 14:51, 19 July 2013 (UTC)

The case request is about Delicious Carbuncle not Kintetsubuffalo, that is what I assume the Arbs want a statement from DC. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 02:18, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
That's rather disingenuous, as this whole thing revolves around a blog entry DC wrote about him. It seems that no one even pinged him on the case, it took Prioryman to do that just today. Tarc (talk) 13:52, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
So more likely to be an oversight then, which I guess isn't suprising given the amount of activity the Committee has none the less. However if you do a search on the request page Kintetsubuffalo isn't mentioned that much which is probably why none of the clerks picked it up. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:29, 21 July 2013 (UTC)

GOCE July 2013 news report

Guild of Copy Editors July 2013 backlog elimination drive mid-drive newsletter
Writing Magnifying.PNG
  • Participation: Out of 30 people who have signed up for this drive so far, 18 have participated. If you have signed up for the drive but have not yet participated, it isn't too late. If you haven't signed up for the drive, sign up now!
We Can Do It!.jpg
  • Progress report: Thus far we have reduced the number of May/June 2012 articles to just 124 articles, so we're on the right track. Unfortunately, for the first time in GOCE history, the number of articles in the backlog has actually gone up during this drive. While all participants are currently doing a fine job, we just don't have as many of them as we have had in the past. We have over 500 editors on our mailing list, but only 18 editors who have done a copy edit for the drive. If you're receiving this newsletter, it's because you have an interest in copy editing. Join the drive! Even if you only copy edit one article, it helps. Imagine how much progress we could make if everyone chipped in just one article.

– Your drive coordinators: Torchiest, Baffle gab1978, Jonesey95, and The Utahraptor.

>>> Sign up now <<<

To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list. Newsletter delivered by EdwardsBot (talk) 21:59, 21 July 2013 (UTC)

WB

You have new message/s Hello. You have a new message at Mlpearc's talk page. Mlpearc (powwow) 15:38, 23 July 2013 (UTC)

deleting page?

Hi, I'm trying to add a page for black wire literary magazine. There exists a page that exhibits all the other literary magazines that are available, why can I not add a page for this magazine? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Thewhitezone1984 (talkcontribs) 12:14, 25 July 2013 (UTC)

I requested speedy deletion for the page you created because it had no content and appeared you created it as a test. If you wish to create a page about the magazine I suggest you have a look at the content of the other literary magazines you were talking about and see how they are written. It also might be a good idea to have a look at the advice contained in Wikipedia:Your first article. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 12:23, 25 July 2013 (UTC)

File mover

Wikipedia File mover.svg

I have granted file mover rights to your account following either a request for those rights or a clear need for the ability to move files. For information on the file mover rights and under what circumstances it is okay to move files, see Wikipedia:File mover. If you do not want file mover rights anymore, just let me know, and I'll remove it. Good luck and thanks. Swarm X 00:26, 26 July 2013 (UTC)

Thank you. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:27, 26 July 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (Indic)

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (Indic). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 04:16, 27 July 2013 (UTC)

Re: CAT:File mover

I fixed up your redirect (by adding : to CAT:File mover; now, for one, the redirect isn't categorized), but do you really think it was necessary to create the page or that the page will be used?

Cheers. --Qwerty Binary (talk) 09:00, 27 July 2013 (UTC)

Thanks for fixing it. I don't see why it wouldn't be, it seems a logical extension of WP:File mover. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 09:37, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Fair do's then!
Also, thanks for your reply and have a good one. --Qwerty Binary (talk) 10:36, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for cleaning up after me! Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 10:43, 27 July 2013 (UTC)

Counter Vandalism Unit

I am willing to be a candidate in Counter Vandalism Unit. Will you take me for the course? If you are willing to, I'll thank you in advance. After I passed your test, I'll apply for rollback. Jianhui67 (talk) 15:24, 25 July 2013 (UTC)

Hi Jianhui67, thank you for your request. I'll have a proper look through your contributions within the next 6 hours and let you know what I think the best course of action is. Thank you again for your interest. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:31, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello Jianhui67, I've created your academy page at User:Callanecc/CVUA/Jianhui67 which is where we will work through your training. As you complete tasks I'll give you feedback and add more tasks so make sure you watchlist the page. Also if you have any questions which aren't related feel free to use the talk page to ask them. Regards, Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 06:38, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
Wow thank you very much for taking me for the course. I'll promise to do my best throughout the course and won't let you disappointed. But I'm away from school next week on the afternoon of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, due to extra lessons, co-curricular activities and tests. I do have a lot of tests next week and I have to revise, so I may only do this at night. My time zone is GMT+8. By the way, about when is the graduation date? I'm afraid I'm busy and have not much time to do this, so I have to see when I can switch on my computer to Wikipedia. Though I am very busy, but I am still very eager and determined to become a rollbacker. By the way, are my past contributions before my application okay? Anyways, thank you very much for taking me. Jianhui67 (talk) 11:17, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi, can you please reply to my answer and mark my work on my academy page? Thanks. Jianhui67 (talk) 12:14, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
I won't go through all of your past contributions, but the random checks I did looked ok. But the purpose of this training is so you know exactly what to do. I've marked your answers and added new tasks Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 12:33, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Finished your tasks. Please mark them and add new tasks. Thanks. Jianhui67 (talk) 17:20, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi, please mark my answers and I'm ready for the next task. Jianhui67 (talk) 07:41, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
I've marked the three you've done, could you please once you add the next 4 I'll add your next task. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 07:47, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
 Done and I'm ready for my next task. Jianhui67 (talk) 08:25, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Can I do your tasks tomorrow afternoon? On my time at about 3 to 4pm, which is 6 to 7pm of your time. Reporting to AIV is not very easy as the vandal must have a lot of vandalism. Can I use the past 2 reports that I posted on the WP:AIV yesterday and today, together with the difference of the revertion? The two vandals I reported both have been blocked. Thanks. Jianhui67 (talk) 08:47, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
That's no problem at all, it is a relatively long course so it will take a few days done at the speed it has been done. Yep no problem using the two previous AIV reports. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 09:36, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Finished all of them and added a 16. Go and see the reason at the page. Please go and mark and add new tasks Thanks. Jianhui67 (talk) 15:22, 28 July 2013 (UTC)

────────────────────── I've marked them with a few comments, and I've added some reading for you to do as well as a new task. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:10, 29 July 2013 (UTC)

Moved to User talk:Callanecc/CVUA/Jianhui67

Talkback

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Callanecc. You have new messages at Kudpung's talk page.
Message added 11:08, 1 August 2013 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

CVUA

Hi, but I have texted twice for you at my academy talk page to add new tasks. Go to the talk page to see my messages. And I hope that you will support me on Kudpung's talk page for rollback request. I'm sure he has posted a talkback message here about the issue. Thanks. Jianhui67 (talk) 15:07, 1 August 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Crystal Lake Recreation Area

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Talk:Crystal Lake Recreation Area. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 23:16, 3 August 2013 (UTC)

Kiefer Wolfowitz

Hi, I note that you have redacted Kiefer's comment and banned him from his own ArbCom case because you say his claim is "unsupported by evidence" - but it is actually evidenced quite clearly in Demiurge's block log and here by the blocking admin. I agree that it is unclear whether the claim is actually relevant, but it certainly isn't untrue. Black Kite (talk) 14:13, 31 July 2013 (UTC)

  • From a clerk's point of view (and note that I am not the main case clerk here), if he had gave us that directly, we probably wouldn't be here today. - Penwhale | dance in the air and follow his steps 17:43, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
  • TL;DR: what Penwhale said, if Kiefer would like add evidence to this claim and do this from now on, I am happy for him to do so. This is what he needed to do in the first place, and to have done all the way through the case, as well as avoid making allegations against non-parties wherever possible (see below).
Having looked through the comments in question again I can see where Black Kite and the other commentators are coming from, however this isn't just one event. It’s the combination of Kiefer’s behaviour on the case pages leading up to now. I and others have warned him (whether directly on his talk page or indirectly by removing or refactoring comments) about his conduct on the pages, specifically the way he refers to other users and paints their actions. If after those warnings he still can’t see what the problem is then the only way to ensure the smooth running of the case is to stop the comments, and as far as I can see preventing him from editing the case pages for a little over 24 hours (so that he still has 24 hours to respond on the Workshop page before it closes) was the most effective way of doing this while still allowing him to contribute elsewhere on the project.
In this case I can see where people are coming from regarding ‘all you need to do is look at the talk page diff’. However it is long standing ArbCom procedure (and WP:NPA) that any allegation must be supported with evidence (typing that someone is something isn't evidence). In this case there is also a notice which states that allegations against non-parties are not permitted. We've allowed a fair bit of leeway to Kiefer so that he can refute the claims made by those who submitted evidence even though they are not case parties. However attacking the character of a user, without ensuring that you have a direct evidence (that is, a link to them doing it) to back it up as part of that allegation is too far given the specific “rules” for this case and that he has already been warned not to do it.
If Kiefer would like to request that I (or the clerks or ArbCom) lift the ban so that he can submit the evidence along with the claim I have no problem with that, and would be very happy to do it. However the ban expires before the Workshop closes so he will still have time to make any further statement (etc) then. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 06:02, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Callanecc,
Your partisan behavior during the case, and Arbcom's partisan rules (suspending its normal rules) have been disgraceful.
One rule for your masters and another for the masses.
You banned my participation because you were too lazy to check the block log assuming that you haver some honesty. I doubt your honesty, because you've allowed WTT and others to make vague accusations unsupported by diffs. You and ArbCom deserve another.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz 14:35, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
I would point out that the Arbs aren't my or any other clerk's masters. They leave us to make the decisions which are related to our area of responsibility unless we specifically ask for guidance.
Regarding your comment about being too lazy to check the block log. After the warning that you skirt close to the line a lot of the time, it follows that I will have been keeping a closer eye on you. I and others have told you what the standard is a number of times and you still didn't meet it.
Regarding Worm's comments if you had such a problem with them you were free to email me, the clerks' list or Committee's list and let us know. I have other things going on so I can't do a detailed read of every comment, if you had a problem with it and could point me to an example I would have been able to deal with it.
In any case you had been warned a number of times, if you want to call a non-party a liar then you needed to be able to back it up with concrete evidence not just a mention of a previous block. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 04:42, 5 August 2013 (UTC)

Purple Lotus Buddhist School

I have removed the {{prod}} tag from Purple Lotus Buddhist School, which you proposed for deletion. I'm leaving this message here to notify you about it. If you still think the article should be deleted, please don't add the {{prod}} template back to the article. Instead, please to list it at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion if you feel it should be deleted. Michaelzeng7 (talk) 03:28, 5 August 2013 (UTC)

Scientology clarification request

I see that you removed the clarification request regarding my WP:ARBSCI restriction. Does this mean the Committee has or is taking action regarding the restrictions or would I have to appeal the restriction to get it reviewed?--The Devil's Advocate tlk. cntrb. 21:40, 7 August 2013 (UTC)

You will need to submit an amendment request. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 04:50, 8 August 2013 (UTC)

Tea Party Movement case

Hi Callanecc,

I would like to submit evidence to the Arbitration Committee that User:Collect is involved in the Tea Party Movement article. However, I have already used 993 words in my evidence section. Please advise. Thanks! — goethean 13:08, 8 August 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Civility

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Civility. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 16:15, 10 August 2013 (UTC)

GOCE July 2013 copy edit drive wrap-up

Guild of Copy Editors July 2013 backlog elimination drive wrap-up newsletter
Writing Magnifying.PNG

We have completed our July backlog elimination drive.

The drive wrap-up newsletter is now ready for review.

– Your project coordinators: Torchiest, Baffle gab1978, Jonesey95, and The Utahraptor.

Sign up for the August blitz! To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list. Newsletter delivered by EdwardsBot (talk) 23:04, 10 August 2013 (UTC)

Arbcom

Hi. I suggest you may wish to get up to speed on case(s) you are clerking and pronounce some very overdue verdicts that unless i am mistaken, appear to have reached the committees's consensus. Cheers, Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 04:57, 13 August 2013 (UTC)

If you're referring to the Tea Party Movement case that's waiting for Newyorkbrad to vote/comment per the Committee's request, see here for more info. If you're referring to the Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds case there is a 24 hour wait period from the fourth net vote (and absolute majority in this case) before it can be closed, that is it can be closed from 21:02, 13 August 2013 (UTC). Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 06:01, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
I was referring to the Kiefer-Ironholds case, but I may have been confused due to my time zone clock. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 11:31, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I hate to ask, but if a user is an arbitration clerk, can you please ask me if it is necessary for arbitration clerks to notify parties involved about final decisions in an arbitration case? I'm looking for a simple yes/no answer. Thanks, Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 23:29, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
I'm not sure what you're asking. If it's whether the clerks should notify the parties when a case is closed the answer is yes, and I missed that step when I was closing this case (which is my first case closure) and for that I apologize. If that's not what you're asking, could you please clarify? Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 02:06, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
That question was about the clerks notifying the parties when a case is closed. Thanks. Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 02:24, 14 August 2013 (UTC)

CVUA

Hi but I have waited for 3 days for you to set new tasks but there was still no new tasks on my academy page. Please release new tasks as soon as possible. Thanks. Jianhui67 Talk 04:07, 10 August 2013 (UTC)

Sorry, I've been really busy. See User talk:Callanecc/CVUA/Jianhui67. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 03:40, 12 August 2013 (UTC)

Talkback

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Callanecc. You have new messages at User talk:Callanecc/CVUA/Jianhui67.
Message added 06:35, 17 August 2013 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Please reply my message over there. I have waited for like 2 days for you to put the final exam. Jianhui67 Talk 06:35, 17 August 2013 (UTC)

 Done Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 06:37, 17 August 2013 (UTC)


Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Callanecc. You have new messages at User talk:Callanecc/CVUA/Jianhui67.
Message added 11:23, 17 August 2013 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Please mark my final test asap. Thanks. I hope I get more than 90%. Jianhui67 Talk 11:25, 17 August 2013 (UTC)

Please go and mark my final exam quickly. I want to see my mark. Thanks. Jianhui67 Talk 03:28, 18 August 2013 (UTC)

See User talk:Callanecc/CVUA/Jianhui67. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 07:43, 18 August 2013 (UTC)

Technical request on TPm case

Please change the reference name "AGK_R6" to "Fuchs_R6", so that the same tag is on remedy 6 and 6.1. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 18:02, 18 August 2013 (UTC)

 Done Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 03:53, 19 August 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Georgia (country) to Georgia move suggestion

Please comment here. Thanks. georgianJORJADZE 00:13, 20 August 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 17:15, 20 August 2013 (UTC)

Question

How did you know there was an ANI on Ubikwit? Malke 2010 (talk) 02:47, 21 August 2013 (UTC)

User talk:Ubikwit#ANI notice after I left the message below it. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 02:52, 21 August 2013 (UTC)

A barnstar for you!

Special Barnstar Hires.png The Special Barnstar
Thank you so much for guiding and teaching me anti-vandalism for the past 3 weeks in CVUA till I graduated. :) Jianhui67 Talk 13:41, 23 August 2013 (UTC)

Active Arbs

Would you please post who are the active arbs on the TPm case? Thanks. Malke 2010 (talk) 12:00, 23 August 2013 (UTC)

Is this what you're after or have I misread your request? Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 10:21, 25 August 2013 (UTC)

Hi

I have placed it because the article i created was semi protected and i was unable to make changes in that. now it is sorted out .thanks for the support--johnsib (talk) 13:11, 26 August 2013 (UTC)

new messages

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Callanecc. You have new messages at Malke 2010's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

mail

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Callanecc. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

New email

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Callanecc. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

Jianhui67 Talk 13:47, 29 August 2013 (UTC)

Request

Callanecc, please don't return to my talk page. Thank you. Malke 2010 (talk) 16:54, 29 August 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/RfC Reviewer permission

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/RfC Reviewer permission. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.RFC bot (talk) 17:15, 30 August 2013 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Tea Party movement/Proposed decision‎ arbitrator count.

At the top of the page, it now says there are 9 active arbitrators, but the vote on the motion was 5 to 5. I don't know which is correct, and, if I did, you certainly wouldn't accept my opinion (as a party to the case), but some note needs to be made. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 16:19, 31 August 2013 (UTC)

(talk page stalker) Worm That Turned voted on the final motion, and he has since been listed as inactive, bringing the number of active arbitrators down to 9. As WTT voted in support of the motion, it means the motion will fail with 4 supports to 5 opposes if his vote is striken. Regards, Iselilja (talk) 16:30, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
Does that mean the rest of us are topic banned then? Malke 2010 (talk) 19:59, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
Callanecc, is there a bot that updates the voting or do you do that? Thanks. Malke 2010 (talk) 20:14, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
Because that motion is separate to the proposed final decision even though WormTT is inactive on the case his vote on the still stands. At 5-5 the motion failed. Even if an arbitrator who voted to oppose the motion were to now go inactive the decision at the time stands, it would need to be re-proposed for it to pass.

Malke 2010 one of case clerks generally does, in this case me. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 02:18, 1 September 2013 (UTC)

Talkback

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Callanecc. You have new messages at User talk:Jianhui67/My CVUA.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Comment by Theopolisme. Jianhui67 Talk 02:02, 1 September 2013 (UTC)

By the way, have you replied to my email? Jianhui67 Talk 03:05, 1 September 2013 (UTC)

Email

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Callanecc. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

Jianhui67 Talk 05:49, 1 September 2013 (UTC)

Question

I was approved to use AWB recently, but not sure about some of the features of AWB. Is there a way to change the spelling mistake of the article and also put what I changed in the edit summary? Jianhui67 Talk 11:45, 8 September 2013 (UTC)

AWB isn't really my area of expertise, the best place you can look is probably the user manual or talk page. Sorry I can't be more help. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 07:09, 10 September 2013 (UTC)

Template:Arb declined

Just letting you know (since you created the template) that I have made a few tweaks to the template:

  1. I changed the section header to just "Request for Arbitration declined" since "Request for Arbitration case declined" seemed redundant given the template's links to the declined request.
  2. I added an option for if the case is archived as withdrawn instead of declined, which will change "declined" in the message text to "withdrawn and archived". To use this form, just add |withdrawn=yes to the template.
  3. I switched wording around and made the "declined" or "withdrawn and archived" link use {{diff}} instead of {{oldid2}} so that it links to the diff of the removal instead of the version of the page immediately prior to the removal, which is already linked in the "see the arbitrator's opinions" part.

If you disagree with these changes let me know either in the clerks' IRC channel or on wiki or feel free to bring them up on clerks-l. I'm also planning on asking on clerks-l about adding "You may use {{Arb declined}} to do this." on the clerks' procedures for declined case requests, if you don't object. Ks0stm (TCGE) 20:58, 6 September 2013 (UTC)

Sounds good to me. Thanks, Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:19, 8 September 2013 (UTC)
@Ks0stm: Though it might be worthwhile including a parameter for the clerk to summaries the Arbs' obiter dictum (as the clerks' procedures suggest we do). I thought that was one of the main issues people had with it. I generally copy the code and write it myself rather than call the template. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 07:16, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
Hey, catch me in the clerks' IRC channel about this sometime; I keep getting distracted by other things and it seems that would be the easier place to discuss this. Ks0stm (TCGE) 17:43, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
Sure, I;m sure we'll both be there at some stage. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 01:26, 12 September 2013 (UTC)

New email

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Callanecc. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

Jianhui67 Talk 12:54, 30 August 2013 (UTC)

CVUA Mentor (Adoption) :)

Hi!

I'm new to vandalism reverting. I need a mentor who could adopt me and guide me through the process...

Regards, Martinian Leave a message! 17:02, 14 September 2013 (UTC)

I'm happy to, thank you for asking. What sort of help do you envisage me giving you? Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:48, 16 September 2013 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service.Legobot (talk) 01:31, 16 September 2013 (UTC)

WikiProject Military history coordinator election

Greetings from WikiProject Military history! As a member of the project, you are invited to take part in our annual project coordinator election, which will determine our coordinators for the next twelve months. If you wish to cast a vote, please do so on the election page by 23:59 (UTC) on 28 September! Kirill [talk] 16:18, 16 September 2013 (UTC)

CVUA

Hi Callanecc, I would want to be a CVUA instructor. Mind if I copy some of your content of your CVUA/Tasks page, and modify some parts on my own? Jianhui67 Talk 03:36, 13 September 2013 (UTC)

I think you should get some more experience more broadly on Wikipedia before you begin instructing. The perspective you get is really valuable. But I don't have a problem with you using my stuff. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 00:45, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
Like what kind of experience do I still need more? I'll start instructing maybe sometime in October or November after all my exams and extra lessons and after getting more experience perhaps. Got 2300+ edits in 3 months. Had dealt with vandalism in the past a lot of times in other wikis. But I'm scared if I start instructing other people now, I may not be able to clarify all their doubts. I know where you can get students for your CVUA, and that would be the Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Rollback page. Kudpung would definitely decline some requests, with the recommandation of asking them to enroll in CVUA. That's when you can come in, and perhaps ask them whether they are interested to enroll in CVUA or not. Jianhui67 Talk 10:17, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
It's the 3 months thing I was referring to. You need to get experience in other areas so you have some perspective and some broader knowledge. In terms of not knowing the answers, you can generally either find them onwiki or ask someone with some experience. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 12:42, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
When I start instructing in the future, do you think I should change the 'Rollback' section to asking them to apply for rollback and I'll assign a task for them with rollback? I would definitely remind them that rollback isn't an award or status, and misuse of rollback can lead to its removal by any administrator. I saw in your tasks page that you only put up to 'describe when and when not to use rollback'. Jianhui67 Talk 13:30, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
It's up to you, I put it that way so that I could talk to them directly about rollback and it's purpose. But it's completely up to you how you design your course. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 13:39, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
For the 'Tools' section, I saw that you have not completed that section. I know what you can put in the 'Tools' section. If they say they would want to learn STiki and Huggle, you can show them how to download them, and also their manuals, and also how to use them. If possible, I can also show them illustrations and pictures with both of the tools. And then you can set up the task for them to complete using both of the tools. That's what I thought to modify the 'Tools' section. You can follow my way too. But I will set up my CVUA after exam because I'm busy now with end of year exams. Jianhui67 Talk 14:27, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
That's what I always intended to do, just never got to a time where I needed to have it. Good luck with your exams. Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 04:25, 18 September 2013 (UTC)