NACs at TfD
Hi, I appreciate your work trying to help close deletion discussions at TfD, but per WP:NACD, I would ask you to stop making closures as delete, especially where there is a mass nomination. We have scripts to easily delete the relevant templates, and I noticed you nominated some, but not all for CSD. It adds to the workload of the individual admin patrolling CSD who may not have the script installed or not know to look there, plus to use the script, I had to revert your closures. If you ever need some closed, feel free to stop by my talkpage and ask, and i'll happily do it (Or maybe one of my talkpage stalkers will too). Thanks, -- Amanda (aka DQ) 06:55, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (March 2019).
- In Special:Preferences under "Appearance" → "Advanced options", there is now an option to show a confirmation prompt when clicking on a rollback link.
- The Wikimedia Foundation's Community health initiative plans to design and build a new user reporting system to make it easier for people experiencing harassment and other forms of abuse to provide accurate information to the appropriate channel for action to be taken. Please see meta:Community health initiative/User reporting system consultation 2019 to provide your input on this idea.
- Two more administrator accounts were compromised. Evidence has shown that these attacks, like previous incidents, were due to reusing a password that was used on another website that suffered a data breach. If you have ever used your current password on any other website, you should change it immediately. All admins are strongly encouraged to enable two-factor authentication, please consider doing so. Please always practice appropriate account security by ensuring your password is secure and unique to Wikimedia.
- As a reminder, according to WP:NOQUORUM, administrators looking to close or relist an AfD should evaluate a nomination that has received few or no comments as if it were a proposed deletion (PROD) prior to determining whether it should be relisted.
Hello, Sorry I'm not familiar with the talking procedure in English Wikipedia. I think I have to write here. I have created a new page in English Wikipedia, which is going to be the translated page of another article already available in Persian Wikipedia. I translated the content and put several references according to the inline citations guidelines but I still get the same warning message and I cannot publish the page. The page is under name "Mohammad Hashem Botshekan". Can you kindly help me please? I am looking forward to your reply. Regards, Reza — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rhs.haray (talk • contribs) 08:02, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
Good morning. I need help to put a page on Wikipedia about an author that is not yet mentioned on this platform. You say that I use copyrighted material but all the information I used is public and published already several times on the Internet. Tell me what I can do to enrich the Wikipedia with the page of this awarded portuguese writer. I hope you are able to do it. Bests regards. Sancho Simões.
- @Sanchosimoes: The page has already been deleted. You will have to contact the deleting admin, , if you think the page should be restored. Please give him the relevant wikilink to the deleted page. CoolSkittle (talk) 12:19, 10 April 2019 (UTC)