Hi! I am Gryllida. To leave me a message, click here.
|This talk page archives may be found here.|
- 1 Simple question
- 2 Suggestion
- 3 WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 13
- 4 Your submission at Articles for creation: Minetest (March 23)
- 5 Test
- 6 WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 14
- 7 Shree Saini
- 8 Review for Draft Shree Saini Page
- 9 WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 15
- 10 ArbCom 2019 election voter message
- 11 editToken
1) Belonging of a page to categories is shown at the end of the text.
Belonging of a page to WikiProjects could also be indicated in a similar way. (Like the banners at the top of the talk page of the article, but a more compact version.
Categories: Stock car racing; Sports originating in the United States
2) I am not sure whether this should show a rating of the article status
WikiProjects (what's this?): Motorsport (Start-class, Top-importance), NASCAR (Start-class, Top-importance), Appalachia (Start-class)
Or more briefly
- I think no show, the 'what's this' page would say it clearly where the article rating can be checked. Gryllida (talk) 09:03, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
3) I don't recall exactly what extension was responsible for this, there was a change from old templates thing about it to a new extension. What was the name of it? Would it be appropriate to file a bug with that extension, or first reach consensus about the spec of how to implement this? --Gryllida (talk) 08:34, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- My advice would be to ask at WT:WikiProject Council; people there might know. To me what you describe sounds more like a user script than an extension. Huon (talk) 17:22, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
Hi, thank you for assigning projects to drafts. I wanted to suggest that you don't add the "Biography" project. When reviewers accept a draft, they are asked by the script "Is this page a biography"? Clicking "yes" opens up a few more fields. Then the script tags the project with the "Biography" project automatically. It's not a big deal, but this results in the page being tagged "Wikiproject Biography" twice. See for example: Talk:Moises Lino e Silva. --K.e.coffman (talk) 17:41, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hello, K.e.coffman. In theory, I would be glad to fix it: the name of the project is in the edit summary, which makes it easier to find. However, my intent is to make the draft visible to the wikiproject as soon as it is started; the hypothesis is that exposing a new draft to experts in the topic improves its quality and the quality of feedback to the newcomer who wrote the draft.
- I would be glad to file a bug with the script. It is AFCH 0.9.1. Here it is: https://github.com/WPAFC/afch-rewrite/issues/101
- As a compromise, I'd be glad to cease my additions of biography (i.e. skip biography articles in my markings) until this bug is fixed. I think this would be a great way to reduce manual work that needs to be done by reviewers. Gryllida (talk) 19:09, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 13
This month: A general update.
The current status of the project is as follows:
- Progress of the project has been generally delayed since September due to development issues (more bitrot than expected, some of the code just being genuinely confusing, etc) and personal injury (I suffered a concussion in October and was out of commission for almost two months as a result).
- I currently expect to be putting out a proper call for CollaborationKit pilots in January/February, with estimated deployment in February/March if things don't go horribly wrong (they will, though, don't worry). As a part of that, I will properly update the page and send out announcement and reach out to all projects already signed up as pilots for WikiProject X in general, at which point those (still) interested can volunteer specifically to test the CollaborationKit extension.
- Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Pilots was originally created for the first WikiProject X prototype, and given this is where the project has since gone, it's only logical to continue to use it. While I haven't yet updated the page to properly reflect this:
- If you want to add your project to this page now, feel free. Just bear in mind that more information what to actually expect will be added later/included in the announcement, because by then I will have a much better idea myself.
- Until then, you can find me in my corner working on making the CollaborationKit code do what we want and not just what we told it, per the workboard.
Until next time,
Your submission at Articles for creation: Minetest (March 23)
- This is a test. Gryllida (talk) 00:58, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
- 3 Gryllida (talk) 01:03, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 14
Updates: I've been focusing largely on the development side of things, so we are a lot closer now to being ready to actually start discussing deploying it and testing it out here.
There's just a few things left that need to be resolved:
- A bunch of language support issues in particular, plus some other release blockers, such as the fact that currently there's no good way to find any hubs people do create.
- We also probably need some proper documentation and examples up to even reference if we want a meaningful discussion. We have the extension documentation and some test projects, but we probably need a bit more. Also I need to be able to even find the test projects! How can I possibly write reports about this stuff if I can't find any of it?!
Some other stuff that's happened in the meantime:
- Midpoint report is out for this round of the project, if you want to read in too much detail about all the problems I've been running into.
- WikiProject Molecular Biology have successfully set up using the old module system that CollaborationKit is intended to replace (eventually), and it even seems to work, so go them. Based on the issues they ran into, it looks like the members signup thing on that system has some of the same problems as we've been unable to resolve in CK, though, which is... interesting. (Need to change the content model to the right thing for the formwizard config to take. Ugh, content models.)
Until next time,
hi, Any feedback (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_talk:Shree_Saini#Feedback) you gave me, I tried my best to correct it, please review my page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Shree_Saini) and accept it so that it can be included in Wikipedia's collection.Pranveer786 (talk) 10:50, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
Review for Draft Shree Saini Page
hi Gryllida Shree Saini from the USA crowned Miss India Worldwide 2018. Indian-American Shree Saini has been crowned Miss India Worldwide 2018 at a pageant held in the Fords City of New Jersey. Shree Saini is an American actress, She was also crowned Miss India USA 2017, Her family relocated to United States when Shree Saini was just 5 years old. At the age of twelve, she overcame a heart ailment which required her to use a pacemaker. This girl, despite being a heart patient at a very young age, took part in a beauty pageant and achieved it, she proved that sickness cannot be used as an excuse to achieve any success, she made her country's name famous all over the world. In. If seen, Wikipedia is for those people who are famous for some reason or have illuminated the name of their country, Mr. Saini has also got fame by illuminating the name of his country which would be difficult for ordinary girls. so please review this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Shree_Saini. Pranveer786 (talk) 10:53, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 15
A final update, for now:
The third grant-funded round of WikiProject X has been completed. Unfortunately, while this round has not resulted in a deployed product, I am not planning to resume working on the project for the foreseeable future. Please see the final report for more information.
ArbCom 2019 election voter message
Your script User:Gryllida/DraftsReview/v2.js is no longer functional because it attempts to get an
mw.user.tokens. The script should instead get a
editTokens were removed from
mw.user.tokens on October 3, 2019 at Phabricator during this edit as they were redundant to
csrfTokens.– BrandonXLF (talk) 00:06, 25 November 2019 (UTC)