Message from Rayman60
First of all, familiarise yourself with the WP:COI policy. There have been long standing conflict of interest issues going back six years so until they are resolved, the tags cannot be removed. You also need to declare your connection with the subject openly on your user page. There are numerous issues with the awards table, too many to just re-instate it. Also check WP:CV. In future, should you wish to raise an amendment, please do so on the talk page, from where an independent editor will assess and edit appropriately. Do not edit the page directly unless there is something damaging (i.e. potentially libellous) that requires immediate removal. If there is a mere factual error of a less serious nature, do so on the talk page where it will be picked up and edited into the article. Rayman60 (talk) 19:48, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- ClueBot NG makes very few mistakes, but it does happen. If you believe the change you made was constructive, please read about it, report it here, remove this message from your talk page, and then make the edit again.
- For help, take a look at the introduction.
- The following is the log entry regarding this message: Jed Mercurio was changed by JStewart13 (u) (t) ANN scored at 0.87564 on 2018-10-17T19:28:35+00:00
I don't know what games you are playing with your blanking of the page but again you continue to ignore the most urgent and pertinent aspect of your behaviour i.e. you're continued failure of making the declaration of your paid relationship with the subject, which confirms that you have not read the guidelines regarding such activity and are therefore not willing to abide by them. This is a most serious breach of the ToS. Therefore I am issuing you with a warning and if you continue with disruptive behaviour or continue to ignore the policy, you will be blocked indefinitely. Rayman60 (talk) 03:17, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hi there Rayman60. I have again made sure to declare everywhere possible, and I do so again here, that I am Jed Mercurio's agent and I am here to try to be helpful in any attempt by any editor to return his page to a 'neutral position' that according to the warning at the top, it currently doesn't hold. Last week I, on the advice from you, and from other wikipedia volunteers/editors, attempted to start a productive conversation on the talk page which might allow consensus to be reached. I heard nothing back. I have consulted with my client Jed Mercurio and he has advised that he has no desire or need for Wikipedia to present any information about himself except for links to his works for those users who may be interested - and certainly is not interested in undue promotion to himself in any way. As no neutral party appears to have a view on this matter, we then deleted all other information so that neutral parties may contribute in future. I see this has been reversed, but I honestly could not see another way through - it's a catch 22 - no one is interested in editing the page, except me, but I may not edit the page due to my relationship to the subject. How then would we ever get the page into an acceptable standard? Again, I ask anyone interested, and neutral, to address the concerns of the warning on this page and edit as they see fit. JStewart13 (talk) 07:27, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
You may be blocked from editing without further warning the next time you use Wikipedia for soapboxing, promotion or advertising, as you did at Jed Mercurio. Despite being advised about WP:COI and associated policies, this editor has failed to formally declare their paid relationship with the subject and has begun engaging in disruptive behaviour. Rayman60 (talk) 03:18, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Rayman60: Your tone here - and above - is really out of order. You say "this editor has failed to formally declare their paid relationship with the subject", yet exactly that was declared on your own talk page in on 8 October. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 15:19, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
You may be blocked from editing without further warning the next time you remove or blank page content or templates from Wikipedia, as you did at Jed Mercurio. Inexplicable (near-)blanking of article by agent following repeated failure to abide by the most basic of guidelines. Rayman60 (talk) 03:19, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- And again your allegation does not match reality. The summary for the edit in question was
"Removed anything that could be seen as biased and removed warning that it might be said to be so.". You may not agree that the edit was correct, but given that explanation, it is hardly "inexplicable". I would remind you that WP:AGF and WP:BITE apply to all good-faith editors, even those who have declared a CoI. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 15:24, 3 November 2018 (UTC)