- 1 Archives
- 2 Teddy (musical)
- 3 Woman-Identified Woman
- 4 Greetings and...
- 5 January 2019 GOCE drive bling
- 6 A barnstar for you!
- 7 Semi-protected edit request for Abraham Lincoln
- 8 A recent edit to Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Disambiguation link notification for February 20
- 10 February 2019
- 11 pending del
- 12 March GOCE newsletter
- 13 Wallace Leo Jenkins
- 14 March 2019 GOCE drive bling!
- 15 Precious anniversary
- 16 copyvio-revdel
- 17 Disambiguation link notification for May 8
- 18 Disambiguation link notification for May 15
- 19 Help help
- 20 Disambiguation link notification for May 22
Hi there - I'm assuming that this edit, restoring Teddy (musical) back into a sort of Son Of Fiddler on the Roof, is an error or a Wikipedia system malfunction? Otherwise it's a touch baffling: the originator had included the FOTR material but then removed it ... at least I think that is what had happened ... yup, I'm officially confused ... Cheers! DBaK (talk) 12:42, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- No idea what's going on. I'll ce it again. Lfstevens (talk) 21:01, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Hi Lfstevens, thanks for your recent edit to The Woman-Identified Woman. I think you were on the right track, especially with your removal of editorializing words like "shrewdly" and so on, so bravo for that. Also, I think cutting down the section "Political implications" is the right way to go. Unfortunately, cutting it down without supplying any sources for the changes doesn't really help. In the end, I reckoned it wasn't an improvement because any new material should be sourced, and it wasn't. I've commented on the article Talk page, at this discussion, and look forward to hearing your thoughts there as well. Mathglot (talk) 09:52, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
Greetings Lfstevens, I see that you've removed the copyedit tag I placed here but can't see that you've solved any of the issues... or am I missing something? Regards, --Technopat (talk) 23:28, 26 January 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for noticing! I removed the tag because the article is subject to deletion, because it is unsourced. Once that is corrected, it would then be reasonable to copyedit it. Lfstevens (talk) 03:17, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
January 2019 GOCE drive bling
|The Minor Barnstar|
|This barnstar is awarded to Lfstevens for copy edits totaling between 1 and 3,999 words (including bonus and rollover words) during the GOCE January 2019 Backlog Elimination Drive. Congratulations, and thank you for your contributions! Reidgreg (talk) 03:04, 4 February 2019 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Copyeditor's Barnstar|
|It's really unfair how amazing your copy edits are at Abraham Lincoln. This is a second barnstar for you! ―Matthew J. Long -Talk-☖ 01:16, 12 February 2019 (UTC)|
Semi-protected edit request for Abraham Lincoln
In the "assassination" section on the Abraham Lincoln page, I suggest that the words “According to eyewitnesses, his face was fixed in a smile when he expired” should be changed to “According to some accounts, at his last drawn breath, on the morning after the assassination, he smiled broadly and then expired”. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:41, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
A recent edit to Abraham Lincoln
You recently changed many references in the Lincoln article from this to this. Your changes engendered multiple redlinks in the references section. Another editor changed the content back to its pre-redlinked form. I am not familiar with the referencing style that you added to the article of:
- <ref name="Randall19472"><cite class="citation book">[[James G. Randall|Randall, James Garfield]] (1962). [https://books.google.com/books?id=DHUqAAAAYAAJ ''Lincoln: The Liberal Statesman'']. Dodd, Mead. [[Amazon Standard Identification Number|ASIN]] [//www.amazon.com/dp/B0051VUQXO B0051VUQXO].</cite></ref>
- At the moment I'm feeling a bit sabotaged. I've never seen the <cite class="citation book"> syntax before and had no intention to use it. I don't know who/what to blame. Maybe visual editor? Thanks for getting rid of it. Lfstevens (talk) 07:27, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- I didn't revert it, another editor did. I don't use VE, but that sure sounds like a possibility. Maybe you should report this bug at Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Feedback, Mediawiki VisualEditor/Feedback or Phabricator/Visual Editor. Heh, something that has saved me countless times form publishing my errors is taking a look at my edits in Preview. Cheers, Shearonink (talk) 17:55, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- Filed feedback. TBD. Lfstevens (talk) 01:46, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Aquaculture of giant kelp, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Sori (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
Your addition to Language model has been removed in whole or in part, as it appears to have added copyrighted material to Wikipedia without evidence of permission from the copyright holder. If you are the copyright holder, please read Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials for more information on uploading your material to Wikipedia. For legal reasons, Wikipedia cannot accept copyrighted material, including text or images from print publications or from other websites, without an appropriate and verifiable license. All such contributions will be deleted. You may use external websites or publications as a source of information, but not as a source of content, such as sentences or images—you must write using your own words. Wikipedia takes copyright very seriously and persistent violators of our copyright policy will be blocked from editing. See Wikipedia:Copying text from other sources for more information. This is your final warning. Further violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy will result in you being blocked from editing. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 15:09, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
- I apologize for my unintentional mistake and for the trouble it caused. I had thought the material was acceptable. As I approach my 50,000th edit, I will continue to try and make WP better. Lfstevens (talk) 00:43, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for noticing. It means remove tag (in this case copyedit) pending the article's deletion. Lfstevens (talk) 22:21, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
|Guild of Copy Editors March 2019 Newsletter
Hello and welcome to the March newsletter, a brief update of Guild activities since December 2018. All being well, we're planning to issue these quarterly in 2019, balancing the need to communicate widely with the avoidance of filling up talk pages. Don't forget you can unsubscribe at any time; see below.
January Drive: Thanks to everyone for the splendid work in January's Backlog Elimination Drive. We removed copyedit tags from all of the articles tagged in our original target months of June, July and August 2018, and by 24 January we ran out of articles. After adding September, we finished the month with 8 target articles remaining and 842 left in the backlog. GOCE copyeditors also completed 48 requests for copyedit in January. Of the 31 people who signed up for this drive, 24 copyedited at least one article. Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Blitz: Thanks to everyone who participated in the February Blitz. Of the 15 people who signed up, 13 copyedited at least one article. Participants claimed 32 copyedits, including 15 requests. Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Progress report: As of 23:39, 18 March 2019 (UTC), GOCE copyeditors have completed 108 requests since 1 January and the backlog stands at 851 articles.
March Drive: The month-long March drive is now underway; the target months are October and November 2018. Awards will be given to everyone who copyedits at least one article from the backlog. Sign up here!
Election reminder: It may only be March but don't forget our mid-year Election of Coordinators opens for nominations on 1 June. Coordinators normally serve a six-month term and are elected on an approval basis. Self-nominations are welcome. If you've thought of helping out at the Guild, or know of another editor who would make a good coordinator, please consider standing for election or nominating them here.
Thank you all again for your participation; we wouldn't be able to achieve what we have without you! Cheers from your GOCE coordinators, , , and .
To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list.
Wallace Leo Jenkins
- Thanks for noticing. The deletions were inadvertent. I'm tempted to blame visual editor, but that would be lame. My apologies. Lfstevens (talk) 08:39, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
March 2019 GOCE drive bling!
|The Minor Barnstar|
|This barnstar is awarded to Lfstevens for copy edits totaling between 1 and 3,999 words (including bonus and rollover words) during the GOCE March 2019 Backlog Elimination Drive. Congratulations, and thank you for your contributions! Reidgreg (talk) 18:59, 3 April 2019 (UTC)|
|"fewer subclauses |
and big words
|... you were recipient|
no. 1900 of Precious,
a prize of QAI!
- Thanks for noticing!
Hello Lfstevens, you removed the copyvio-revdel template from Medagama National School before it had been reviewed by an administrator. See the note at the bottom of the box. I've reverted your edit. An administrator will eventually do their review and normally they will remove the template when they are done. Gab4gab (talk) 04:52, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
- I removed the violation so I removed the tag. I will remove the copyedit tag, which is what attracted me in the first place. No reason for anyone else to waste their time on this trivia. Lfstevens (talk) 05:06, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
An automated process has detected that you recently added links to disambiguation pages.
- California Energy Code (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Energy efficiency
- Freundeskreis Polozk (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Belarusian
- Rangarajan Mohan Kumaramangalam (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Alcatel
Plz semi protect my community page named 'Orh' from vandalism, its my humble request to you from the bottom of my heart..pepoles removing information from it, without any talk...plz OdRajput (talk) 00:11, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hi OdRajput. Unfortunately, I an not an administrator and cannot protect pages. You can request protection on this page: Wikipedia:Requests for page protection. Lfstevens (talk) 00:44, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
An automated process has detected that you recently added links to disambiguation pages.
- Bally Sagoo (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Jewel
- Javaid Rahi (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Chandak
- Masters of Disaster (comics) (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Force of nature