Hello. This is TheSmartPersonUS1. And this is my talk page. If I am not active, leave your section on the talk page and put it on your watchlist.
I will archive my talk page every 50 sections. This is my first talk page.
- 1 Welcome!
- 2 Disambiguation link notification for June 7
- 3 About Wikia
- 4 Disambiguation link notification for June 18
- 5 Category:Original Wikipedian
- 6 MfD nomination of Template:Original Wikipedian
- 7 A request for your help
- 8 Wikipedia talk:Did you know#RfC: Commas in DYK
- 9 i love me soem fired chikne
- 10 Openlydialectic
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Ashtray, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Dealer (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
Wikia is classified as a user generated source, which we fails our reliable sourcing standards. As a general rule of thumb, if a source has "wiki" anywhere in the name (including Wikipedia) or it operates on the Monkeys on typewriters principle (like Wikipedia or Wikia), it's not a reliable source. Non-primary Professionally-published mainstream academic or journalistic sources are preferred (with academic sources generally beating out journalistic sources, and tertiary sources usually beating secondary sources). Ian.thomson (talk) 15:29, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
- Go to WP:RS see our sourcing policy in exhaustive (exhausting) detail. I've been editing WP for more than a decade, and it's only hit me recently how strange and wonderous it is. 15+ years. More than 10 million editors in that time. More than 5.6 million articles. 130,000 active editors in the last 30 days. Nobody checks on who these editors are, and nobody assigns tasks to any editor and nobody reports to anyone else. We just follow our policies and try to achieve consensus. Primarily because of the anonymity of editors, WP:RS is one of those critically important policies. -Arch dude (talk) 18:04, 12 June 2018 (UTC)
Category:Original Wikipedian, which you created, has been nominated for deletion. Please see the discussion at Wikipedia:Categories_for_discussion/Log/2018_July_2#Category:Original_Wikipedian. – Fayenatic London 20:48, 2 July 2018 (UTC)
MfD nomination of Template:Original Wikipedian
Template:Original Wikipedian, a page which you created or substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; you may participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Template:Original Wikipedian and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Template:Original Wikipedian during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. – Fayenatic London 10:42, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
A request for your help
I am enlisting your aid! As one of Wikipedia's premier grammar experts, I am asking you to help close a Request for Comment that you are uninvolved in. I cannot possibly think of someone as knowledgeable in this field than you and thus am asking for your help.
If you have never closed a discussion before, the following links may be helpful:
- Ok. From America, TheSmartPersonUS1 (TSPUS1) (talk) 01:53, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello. I have reverted your close of the RfC at the following discussion per objections from a number of users that the close did not take into account the comments of all sides, and that the closing opinion reflected the opinion of the closer instead of being based on the discussion. Thank you and happy editing. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 02:26, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
- Narutolovehinata5, my apologies to everyone involved. I just closed this right now as No consensus. ―Matthew J. Long -Talk-☖ 22:17, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
i love me soem fired chikne
|fired chikne for lief Luststan20 (talk) 13:41, 25 February 2019 (UTC)|
- @Luststan20: Yayy! I really needed a cookie! Wait, is this a fried chicken flavored cookie? I like this even more! From America, TheSmartPersonUS1 (TSPUS1) (talk) 02:58, 1 March 2019 (UTC)
I have seen a few weeks ago you had a run in with a user that goes by Openlydialectic regarding too many citations. This user accused me of vandalizing Nadia Murad's Wikipedia page in October because I removed a photo that depicted her as an Osama bin Laden looking bearded Arabic man and she is 100% female. He promptly reverted my change and accused me of vandalism. If anything he is sexist depicting a womans rights activist in this manner, insisting I was the one who was wrong. His change was shortly axed again and the page locked from editing because of him. Today there is a correct photo of the woman who looks nothing like a bearded Arabic man. He can be seen tagging others for editing things for political reasons on his page, yet this seems just as political to me, putting down a woman who fights for rights in an area of the world where they are struggling for such rights but showing her as being a man. But it turns out he now has been banned for having sock puppet accounts, so he was in the wrong after all. — Preceding unsigned comment added by RobotWillie (talk • contribs) 20:44, 5 March 2019 (UTC)