|• Body||Kollam Municipal Corporation(KMC)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kollam|
|Civic agency||Kollam Municipal Corporation|
|Avg. summer temperature||34 °C (93 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||22 °C (72 °F)|
Valathungal or Valathumgal is a neighbourhood and suburb of Kollam city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the 30th ward in Kollam Municipal Corporation. Valathungal is a fairly densely populated area of the city. Eravipuram railway station is very close to Valathungal.
Valathungal lies close to the city's major transportation hubs. The presence of a significant number of schools and religious worship centres in the area have increased Valathungal's importance among the neighbourhoods of Kollam. The government VHSS and Boys High School are two of the important schools in the locality. Valathungal is about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) from Pallimukku, which is on National Highway-66.
There were previously two different municipal councils for the huge Valathungal area (Valathungal West and Valathungal East), which in 2005 merged to form a single council. Valathungal council is in the Eravipuram zone of Kollam Municipal Corporation. The Eravipuram Government Homoeo Pharmacy is located in Valathungal.
- Chinnakada - 6.8 kilometres (4.2 mi)
- Kollam Junction railway station - 6.2 kilometres (3.9 mi)
- Pallimukku - 2.8 kilometres (1.7 mi)
- Kollam Port - 8.7 km
- Paravur - 18.2 kilometres (11.3 mi)
- "Valathungal B.O - India Post". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Councils - Kollam Municipal Corporation". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Page:46 - Kollam City Development Plan-2041" (PDF). Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Govt.Boys H.S.S. Valathungal - Mathrubhumi Education". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "VHSE Schools - Kollam". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "VHSS Valathungal - Tender Tiger". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Valathungal - Kerala Tourism". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "LDF wins two-thirds majority in corporation - The Hindu". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "GHD - KGHPO". Retrieved 16 February 2015.
|This article related to a location in Kollam district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|