|Alabama Crimson Tide|
|Born:||September 27, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 5 / Pick: 167|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Vincent Salvatore Sunseri (born September 27, 1993) is a former American football safety who is currently a graduate assistant at Alabama. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Alabama.
High school career
Sunseri began his career at Marvin Ridge High School in Waxhaw, North Carolina. As a junior, he made 107 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, two sacks, and five interceptions, while also rushing for 305 yards and three touchdowns. He moved to Northridge High School in January 2010; as a senior he recorded 144 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, three interceptions, four fumble recoveries, and two touchdowns. He was selected to play in the Under Armour All-America Game.
As a freshman in 2011, Sunseri was second on the team with 11 special teams tackles, all coming on kickoff coverage. He has 31 total tackles to rank eighth on the team. He also plays on the punt return team and has recorded several attention-grabbing blocks. Against Kent State, he set a career-high with six tackles, including three solo stops. Along with fellow freshman Trey DePriest, he registered several big hits on kickoff coverage. He also saw time at safety in the 48-7 win. He was selected as the coaches' Special Teams Player of the Week. Against Penn State, he did not have a tackle but was named a Special Teams Player of the Week with excellent coverage on the kickoff team and blocking on punt return. Against North Texas, he recorded another big tackle night with six stops split between special teams and safety. Sunseri had three solo tackles against the Mean Green. Against Arkansas, he assisted on two tackles in the win against the Razorbacks. Against Florida, he was named a Special Teams Player of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff. He recorded two solo tackles and forced a fumble. Against Ole Miss, Sunseri was once again named a Special Teams Player of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff. He totaled six tackles, including four solo stops, against the Rebels. Against Tennessee, he totaled two tackles, including a solo stop. He recovered his first career fumble in the win against the Volunteers. Against Georgia Southern, he was named one of the Alabama coaching staff's Special Teams Players of the Week. He recorded one solo tackle on kickoff coverage. Against Auburn, Sunseri tied a career-high with six tackles, including four solo stops. He recorded a quarterback hurry against the Tigers. He played significant time at safety in the second half against the Tigers.
New Orleans Saints
Sunseri was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the fifth round, 167th overall, in the 2014 NFL Draft. On May 16, 2014, Sunseri signed a four-year contract Saints. On November 12, 2014, Sunseri was placed on injured reserve with an arm injury. On September 1, 2015, he was waived.
New England Patriots
On July 24, 2016, Sunseri was signed by the New England Patriots. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Patriots as part of final roster cuts. On September 6, 2016, Sunseri signed to the Patriots' practice squad. He was released by the Patriots on October 24, 2016.
San Francisco 49ers
On September 1, 2017, Sunseri was waived by the 49ers.
- Former Mav Sunseri shines in All-American football game. Union County Weekly. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- "Vinnie Sunseri". 'BamaMag.com. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- "Vinnie Sunseri - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "New Orleans Saints sign three draft picks to four-year contracts". www.neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- "Sean Payton announces a number of roster moves after Wednesday's practice". www.neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- "New Orleans Saints cut ties with veterans, shelve injured players in roster trim". NOLA.com. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- "New Orleans Saints place Vinnie Sunseri, Nick Toon, Ronald Powell on IR". NOLA.com. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- "Saints' 2014 draft class dwindles to 1 after Vinnie Sunseri release". NOLA.com. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- "Patriots sign second-year DB Vinnie Sunseri and rookie free agent OL Kyler Kerbyson". Patriots.com. July 24, 2016.
- "Patriots reach the 53-man roster limit". Patriots.com. September 3, 2016. Archived from the original on November 6, 2017.
- "Patriots sign two to the practice squad". Patriots.com. September 6, 2016.
- "Patriots release DL Anthony Johnson from the 53-man roster; release DB Vinnie Sunseri from the practice squad". Patriots.com. October 24, 2016.
- "49ers Sign S Vinnie Sunseri to the Practice Squad". 49ers.com. November 1, 2016.
- "49ers Place S Eric Reid on Injured Reserve, Announce Other Roster Moves". 49ers.com. November 22, 2016.
- "49ers Announce Several Roster Moves". 49ers.com. September 1, 2017. Archived from the original on September 6, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.