|First issue||October 2007|
|Company||Condé Nast India Pvt. Ltd.|
Vogue India is the Indian edition of the monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine called Vogue. It is the 17th international edition of Vogue and the first edition in South Asia. Vogue India is published by Condé Nast India Pvt. Ltd., a 100% owned subsidiary of Condé Nast International. Vogue India was the first magazine released in India that is 100% foreign owned. Condé Nast India is based in Mumbai and also has an office in New Delhi.
History and profile
The magazine was founded in year 2007. The first issue of Vogue India was the October 2007 issue, which was released on 20 September 2007. The cover featured Bipasha Basu, Gemma Ward and Priyanka Chopra on the regular cover, and Monikangana Dutta, Preity Zinta, and Lakshmi Menon on the gatefold cover. The cover was shot by photographer Patrick Demarchelier. In the June 2019 magazine issue, Kareena Kapoor, Karan Johar, Diljit Dosanjh and Natasha Poonawala were seen together having a photoshoot for Vogue India's magazine and the magazine issue was named 'Forces of Fashion'. On the cover page, Kareena Kapoor and Karan Johar flaunting their animal print dress and a printed jacket, while Diljit Dosanjh and Natasha Poonawala are wearing purple and yellow outfits.
The following have served as Editor-in-Chief of Vogue India:
List of Vogue India cover models
- "Best Womens Fashion Magazine; Latest Fashion News, Clothes, Accessories, Trends, Beauty Tips for Women". Vogue.in. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Vogue India Launches". Forbes.com. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Vogue Hits Indian Newsstands". Businessweek. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Condé Nast International: Country - India". Conde nast international. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- Amrita Madhukalya (19 July 2015). "Of recipes and G-spots: On India's 'magazine era'". dna. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- Stephen Brook (20 September 2007). "Vogue thinks big for Indian launch". Guardian. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- Hawke, Jack (26 October 2007). "Gemma Ward cover stirs up readers of Vogue India". ninemsn. Archived from the original on 5 October 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "Kareena Kapoor, Karan Johar, Diljit Dosanjh, Forces of Fashion Unite for Hottest Magazine Cover Shoot". News18. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- Dhingra, Divrina (10 February 2011). "Vogue at your finger tips". Vogue.in. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- Thacker, Shruti (23 June 2011). "Get it now: Vogue Stylist app on Blackberry Playbook". Vogue.in. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "BlackBerry World - VOGUE Stylist". Appworld.blackberry.com. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Vogue to be launched in India". Business Standard. 4 December 2006. Retrieved 17 March 2013.