Action leader Flanders
|Nick Van Mieghem|
Action leader Netherlands
|Florens van der Kooi|
Voorpost ("outpost, picket") is an ethnic nationalist (volksnationalist) group founded in Flanders, Belgium by Karel Dillen in 1976 as a splinter from the Volksunie. Voorpost pursues an irredentist ideal of a Greater Netherlands, a nation state that would unite all Dutch-speaking territories in Europe. The organisation has staged rallies on various topics, against Islam and mosques, against leftist organizations, against drugs, against pedophilia, and against socialism.
Members include Vlaams Blok ideologue Roeland Raes and Vlaams Belang politician Luc Vermeulen. Bart Vanpachtenbeke is the leader of Voorpost (succeeding Johan Vanslamsbrouck). As of 2013 Nick van Mieghem is action leader for Flanders, replacing Luc Vermeulen. Florens van der Kooi (formerly of the NNP) is action leader for the Netherlands. Several members of the organisation were also members of the VMO (Vlaamse Militanten Orde), which was banned in 1983 due to several violent attacks against immigrants and left-wing organisations.
- Van den Weygaerd, Luc. "Eerste "Identitair colloquium" in Edegem". Gazet van en voor Hove (in Dutch). Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- Voorpost Vlaanderen stelt nieuwe actieleider voor, Het Laatste Nieuws, 30 June 2013 ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- Martin Pütz (ed.). Language contact and language conflict. p. 251. ISBN 90-272-2142-1.
- Rodrigues and Donselaar (eds), Monitor Racisme & Extremisme - Negende rapportage, Pallas Publications, Amsterdam University Press (2010), pp. 49-50 (online copy) ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- Voorpost vist Roeland Raes op, Blokwatch, March 17, 2002 ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- Voorpost webpage Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- Voorpost press release Archived 2013-06-26 at the Wayback Machine, December 5, 2011 listing Vanlamsbrouck as president ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- Voorpost contact page, listing Vermeulen and Van der Kooi as action leaders ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
|This Belgium-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|