|City||Belle Glade, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Palm Beach, Florida|
|Branding||Revolution Radio 93.5|
|Slogan||“All Things Dance”|
|First air date||October 10, 1978 (as WSWN-FM)|
|Format||Dance/EDM (WZFL simulcast)|
|HAAT||127.8 meters (419 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W Belle Glade Florida|
|Former callsigns||WSWN-FM (1978-1989)|
|Owner||ANCO Media Group |
(Zoo Communications, LLC)
WBGF is a radio station serving the West Palm Beach, Florida market. Owned by ANCO Media Group and licensed to Belle Glade, Florida, it broadcasts a dance/EDM format, branded as Revolution Radio 93.5.
The station went on the air as WSWN-FM on October 10, 1978. On June 19, 1989, the station changed its call sign to the current WBGF.
The station previously broadcast a regional Mexican format branded as Radio Lobo; on September 22, 2014, WBGF was acquired by JVC Media from its previous owner BGI Broadcasting. On September 23, 2014, shortly after the completion of the purchase, WBGF flipped to a mainstream rock format branded as 93.5 The Bar, opening with a day-long marathon of the Bubba the Love Sponge show (which was to be The Bar's morning show), followed by 10,000 songs commercial-free.
On January 1, 2017, at Midnight, WBGF flipped to Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel. No formal signoff was given for The Bar; the station went from the syndicated program "hardDrive" (on which the last song played was "Highway" by Bleeker) straight into the True Oldies Channel at the stroke of midnight (the first song on True Oldies was "My Girl" by The Temptations).
On May 19, 2017, ANCO Media Group announced that it will acquire WBGF from JVC. Upon its completion of its transmitter move to properly serve the West Palm Beach area and closing of the sale, the station will flip to Dance and adopt the "Revolution 93.5" branding to mirror South Florida simulcast sister WZFL-W228BV-W228BY/WHYI-HD2 (the sale closed in August, with WBGF flipping to "Revolution" on the 7th). JVC initially announced that it will move the Oldies format to translator W223CJ (92.5 FM) upon the close of the sale, though this would later be moved to WSVU.
- "WBGF Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "JVC Media Opens 93.5 The Bar". Radio Insight. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- West Palm Beach’s Bar Gives Way To True Oldies. RadioInsight. January 1, 2017.
- 93.5 The Bar Flips To True Oldies
- "We're Taking Over!" from Revolution Radio (August 7, 2017)
- "Revolution 93.5 Miami Adds New Morning Show; Expanding To Palm Beaches " from Radioinsight (May 19, 2017)
- True Oldies Moves in West Palm Beach
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBGF
- Radio-Locator information on WBGF
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBGF
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|