|City||Cayey, Puerto Rico|
|Broadcast area||Puerto Rico|
|Branding||Radio Ley 1080|
|Slogan||El Líder de la Montaña|
|Translator(s)||W236DS 95.1 (Juncos)|
|First air date||September 8, 1964|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Power||250 watts unlimited|
|Owner||Media Power Group |
(Media Power Group, Inc.)
|Sister stations||WSKN, WDEP, WKFE, W228EF|
WLEY (1080 AM, "Radio Ley") is a radio station licensed to serve Cayey, Puerto Rico. The station was founded on September 8, 1964 and it is owned by Media Power Group, Inc. WLEY is part of the Radio Isla Network. It airs a Spanish language News Talk Information format.
In July 1999, Uno Radio of Ponce Inc., Caguas, P.R. (Jesus M. Soto, chairman) reached an agreement to purchase five radio stations in Puerto Rico from Ponce Broadcasting Corp. (Janero G. Scarano Sr., Julio C. Braum, Luis F. Sala, Catalina Scarano and Sala Business Corp., shareholders) for a reported sale price of $10.75 million.
In June 2003, Media Power Group Inc. (Eduardo Rivero Albino, chairman, Gilberto Rivera Gutierrez, Jose E. Fernandez and Joe Pagan, shareholders) reached an agreement to purchase four AM radio stations in Puerto Rico, including WLEY, from Uno Radio Group. (Jesus M. Soto, owner) for a reported $6.8 million.
|City of license||ERP
|W236DS||95.1 FM||Juncos, Puerto Rico||250||FCC|
- Jacobs, George (2007). National Radio: Puerto Rico (US Associated). World Radio TV Handbook 2007: The Directory of Global Broadcasting. Billboard Books. pp. 305–306. ISBN 0-8230-5997-9.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 1999-07-01.[dead link]
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2003-06-09.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WLEY
- Radio-Locator Information on WLEY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WLEY
|This article about a radio station in Puerto Rico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|