|City||Panama City, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Panama City, Florida|
|First air date||September 4, 1964|
|HAAT||386 meters (1,266 ft)|
|Former callsigns||WDJJ (1964)|
|Owner||Educational Media Foundation|
WPFM "K-Love" is a commercial radio station located in Panama City, Florida, licensed to broadcast on 107.9 FM. WPFM is owned and operated by Educational Media Foundation and formerly aired a Rhythmic Top 40 music format branded as "Hot 107.9".
The station signed on September 4, 1964 as WMAI-FM; the station had initially been issued the call sign WDJJ, but changed to WMAI-FM on March 9, 1964. It became WPFM on May 15, 1973,. It was in this first era of WPFM that they developed fans, both local and tourist alike. Beginning in the early to mid 1980's until 1992 when their format went to alternative, the station was known by two monikers 1st as "The Great 108, WPFM", and then 2nd as "Power HitRadio! WPFM, Panama City's New Power 108 FM". Their callsign was changed to WDRK on November 21, 1997, WLHR on October 5, 1998, and WPFM-FM on March 10, 2004, before returning to the WPFM call sign (without the "-FM" suffix) on October 14, 2014.
On December 4, 2018, WPFM signed on once again, this time under Educational Media Foundation's K-Love moniker, presenting a contemporary Christian music format.
- 1966 Broadcasting Yearbok (PDF). 1966. p. B-34. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- "WPFM Tweaking/Stunting, Becomes" from All Access (March 16, 2011)
- "WPFM FCC history cards" (PDF). CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- "Call Sign History (WPFM)". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- "EMF Acquires WPFM Panama City". RadioInsight. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- "Powell Broadcasting To Cease Panama City Operations". RadioInsight. 2018-10-13. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPFM
- Radio-Locator information on WPFM
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPFM
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|