|Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Branding||Telemundo 54 Raleigh|
|Channels||Digital: 49 (UHF)|
(shared with WRAZ; to move to 15 (UHF))
Virtual: 54 (PSIP)
|Affiliations||Telemundo (O&O, 2018–present; also 2005–2010)|
(NBC Telemundo License LLC)
|Call letters' meaning||Raleigh TelemunDo|
|Former callsigns||W60BT (1991–1999)|
|Former channel number(s)||Digital:|
44 (UHF, 2013–2018)
44 (PSIP, 2013–2018)
|Former affiliations||America's Store (c.2002–2003)|
|Transmitter power||1,000 kW|
|Height||614.1 m (2,015 ft)|
607 m (1,991 ft) (CP)
|Public license information||Profile|
WRTD-CD, virtual channel 54 (UHF digital channel 49), is a Class A Telemundo owned-and-operated television station licensed to Raleigh, North Carolina, United States. The station is owned by the NBC Owned Television Stations subsidiary of NBCUniversal (itself a subsidiary of Comcast). WRTD-CD's transmitter is located near Auburn, North Carolina.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2018)
The station signed on in 1991 as W60BT. Its call sign was changed to WHOA-LP in 1999, and to WZGS-CA in 2005.
WZGS-CA went silent on April 1, 2010 due to losing its first affiliation with the Spanish-language Telemundo network. It then became an independent station, airing English, Spanish and Portuguese programming. Telemundo returned to North Carolina in June 2017 on the second digital subchannel of Charlotte's WSOC-TV (channel 9).
On December 4, 2017, NBCUniversal's Telemundo Station Group announced its purchase of ZGS Communications' 13 television stations, including WZGS-CD. The sale marks NBCUniversal's re-entry into the Raleigh–Durham market, as they owned WNCN (channel 17) from 1996 to 2006 (it is now a CBS affiliate, owned by Nexstar Media Group). The sale was completed on July 20, 2018. NBCUniversal changed the station's call letters to WRTD-CD on July 25, 2018; the station also rejoined Telemundo.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming |
|54.1||480i||4:3||WRTD-CD||Main WRTD-CD programming / Telemundo|
- "WZGS / WRAZ Channel Share Agreement" (PDF). Licensing and Management System. Federal Communications Commission. April 27, 2018. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- "Request for Silent STA". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. March 25, 2010. Retrieved March 27, 2010.
- "Resumption of Operations". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. March 30, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "Call Sign History (WRTD-CD)". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
- Miller, Mark K. (December 4, 2017). "NBCU Adding ZGS Stations To Telemundo". TVNewsCheck. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- "Media Bureau Call Sign Actions" (PDF). Federal Communications Commission. July 6, 2018. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- Digital TV Market Listing for WRTD-CD RabbitEars.Info. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
|This Telemundo article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Raleigh, North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|