|Broadcast area||Chicago market|
|Branding||Univision Deportes Chicago 1200 AM|
|Frequency||1200 kHz(also on HD Radio)|
|Power||20,000 watts (day)|
4,500 watts (night)
|Former callsigns||WVIV (2003)|
|Affiliations||Chicago Fire (MLS) |
Univision Deportes Radio
|Owner||Uforia Audio Network |
(Univision Radio Illinois, Inc.)
WRTO (1200 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Spanish sports format. Licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States, the station serves the Chicago area. The station is owned by Univision subsidiary Univision Radio Illinois, Inc., and features local programming as well as shows originating at other Univision Radio stations.
The station is the flagship station of the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer and the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. The station also broadcasts select Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs and Chicago Blackhawks games in Spanish.
WRTO became a part of the Univision America Talk Radio network 4 July 2012. While the network itself ceased operations in 2015, WRTO aired remnants of Univision America's programming, as well as its local news, sports, and weather.
- Call Sign History, fcc.gov. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- Blackhawks to air 24 games in Spanish - Phil Rosenthal, Chicago Tribune, 16 October 2017
- Venta, Lance (30 May 2012). "Univision To Launch National Talk Network". Radio Insight. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- http://www.hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=3 Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine HD Radio Guide for Chicago
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WRTO
- Radio-Locator Information on WRTO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WRTO
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|