|City||Fernandina Beach, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Branding||Jax Country 94.1 & 105.3|
|First air date||1999 (as WFBJ)|
|HAAT||125 meters (410 ft)|
|Transmitter coordinates||30º30'4" N|
|Former callsigns||WFBJ (1999-2000)|
|Owner||Neal Ardman |
(Nia Broadcasting, Inc.)
WYKB (105.3 FM) is a classic country radio station licensed to Fernandina Beach, Florida that serves the Jacksonville, Florida area. It is owned by Neal Ardman, through licensee Nia Broadcasting, Inc.
WYKB previously broadcast a classic country format from October 15, 2013 until May 26, 2014. Prior to that, it used to broadcast a musica tropical format with emphasis toward Salsa and Reggaeton until August 5, 2013 when it flipped to a short-lived classic hits format. As of April 1, 2015, the then-WJSJ went silent. On November 2, 2015, WJSJ returned to the air with sports, with programming from CBS Sports Radio.
On July 1, 2016, WJSJ dropped the CBS Sports Radio format and began stunting. On July 18, 2016, WJSJ launched a classic dance format, branded as "DJ 105.3". The station changed its call sign to WZDJ on July 20, 2016, where afterwards, WZDJ began adding more current music from the Rhythmic and Dance genres, with the recurrents receiving less play. During this tenure, it was in the middle of being purchased through a LMA from veteran radio programmer Tony Quarterone for $1.3 million.
On December 31, 2016, WZDJ signed off the air due to a lack of advertising support and financial issues, which included the collapse of the sale of the station. The station left a message on its Facebook page that signaled the end of the format and its website and stream were deleted. On January 2, 2017, the station flipped to a simulcast of country-formatted WKBX 106.3 Kingsland, Georgia under the original ownership for the time being. On January 13, 2017, WZDJ changed its callsign to WYKB.
On October 16, 2017, WYKB split from its simulcast with WKBX and changed their format to classic country, branded as "Jax Country 105.3".
- Real Country Launches In Jacksonville Radioinsight - October 15, 2013
- "WJSJ Jacksonville Flips To Classic Hits Radioinsight - August 5, 2013
- The FCC's list of silent F.M. radio stations that have been silent for 2 months or more. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- WJSJ Jacksonville Returns with CBS Sports Radioinsight - November 2, 2015
- DJ 105.3 Brings Classic Dance to Jacksonville Radioinsight - July 18, 2016
- "105.3 Jacksonville Sale Collapses; Flips To Country" from Radioinsight (January 2, 2017)
- WYKB Flips to Classic Country Jax Country 105.3 Radioinsight - October 16, 2017
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WYKB
- Radio-Locator information on WYKB
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WYKB