The Northern Pacific Passenger Depot from the southwest
|Location||100 Aldrich Avenue Southwest, Wadena, Minnesota|
Northern Pacific Passenger Depot
|Area||Less than one acre|
|Built by||Nelson & Nelson|
|Architect||Northern Pacific Railway|
|NRHP reference #||88003012|
|Designated||January 3, 1989|
The Wadena Depot is a historic former railway station in Wadena, Minnesota, United States, operated by the Northern Pacific Railway from 1915 to 1971. The station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989 under the name Northern Pacific Passenger Depot for having local significance in the theme of transportation. It was nominated for representing the impact of the Northern Pacific Railway on the establishment and development of Wadena.
Passenger service ceased in 1971, though the adjacent rail line remains in active use by the BNSF Railway. The building was restored in 2008 and now serves as a visitor center, railroad museum, and event venue.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Northern Pacific Passenger Depot". Minnesota National Register Properties Database. Minnesota Historical Society. 2009. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- Koop, Michael (July 1987). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Northern Pacific Passenger Depot". National Park Service. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "The Depot". Partners for a Healthy Wadena Region. 2014. Retrieved 2016-01-26.