Waseda University Honjo Senior High School
(Independence of Learning)
239-3 Kurisaki Honjo Saitama 367-0032 JAPAN,
|Affiliations||Super Science High School|
|Website||Waseda University Honjo Senior High School|
Waseda University Honjo Senior High School (早稲田大学本庄高等学院 Waseda Daigaku Honjo Kōtō Gakuin) is a senior high school in Japan, located in Saitama Prefecture. It was founded in 1982 as a high school attached to Waseda University. Its motto is "independence of learning" (学問の独立 gakumon-no-dokuritsu), which is the same motto as for Waseda University.
The school was founded in April 1982 as a "100th anniversary memorial project of Waseda University". The school was founded as a boys' school, but it converted to a coeducational school in April 2007.
The school has continued interactions with prestige high schools as below.
- Affiliated High School of Peking University （ China）
- National Taichung First Senior High School （ Taiwan）
- National Junior College （ Singapore）
- Anyang Foreign Language High School （ South Korea）
- SMA Negeri 2 Yogyakarta （ Indonesia）
According to the Hensachi (the indication showing the entrance difficulties by prep schools) rankings published by Sundai-Yobiko （駿台予備校）, the school is one of the most selective senior high schools in Japan. Its entrance difficulty is usually considered as the top ranked among senior high schools in Saitama Prefacture.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2015)
- Gyochi Yoshida - Conductor of Nagoya Philharmonic Orchestra
- Yoshio Tezuka - Special Advisor to the Prime Minister(Noda cabinet)
- Masafumi Kawaguchi - American football player
- 早稲田大学本庄高等学院編『二十五周年記念誌 : 継承と発展』(Japanese), published in 2007
- 早稲田大学本庄高等学院編『三十周年記念誌』(Japanese), published in 2012