Detroit City Apartments
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Detroit City Apartments|
|Location||1431 Washington Boulevard, |
Detroit, Michigan, United States
|Roof||81 m (266 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Jude T. Fusco Associates, Inc.|
Detroit City Apartments is a high-rise in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1981 and named Trolley Plaza for nearby Washington Boulevard trolley line, the residential building stands 28 stories tall. The building is located at 1431 Washington Boulevard and occupies the block bordered by Clifford Street, Grand River Avenue and Washington Boulevard. In 2009, Village Green purchased the building and changed the name of the high-rise apartments to Washington Square. In 2013, Washington Square became the Detroit City Apartments.
The property consists of a 5-floor parking structure topped by 23 floors of residential apartments. The 6th floor, which extends out of the parking structure, includes the lobby, swimming pool, health club, tennis court, and other amenities. Two-story, townhouse-style penthouse suites fill the 27th and 28th floors.
- Grecu, Veronica (October 13, 2011). "Quicken Loans Employee Relocation Makes Detroit Reconsider Its Housing Options". Commercial Property Executive.
- Hill, Eric J.; Gallagher, John (2002). AIA Detroit: The American Institute of Architects Guide to Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3120-3.
- Meyer, Katherine Mattingly and Martin C.P. McElroy with Introduction by W. Hawkins Ferry, Hon A.I.A. (1980). Detroit Architecture A.I.A. Guide Revised Edition. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1651-4.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Sharoff, Robert (2005). American City: Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3270-6.
- Detroit City Apartments
- Google Maps location of Washington Square
- Trolley Plaza details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile on Washington Square Apartments
|This article related to a building or structure in Detroit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|