This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by |
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
|Released||5 March 2003|
|Label||Gallo Record Company|
|Ladysmith Black Mambazo chronology|
Wenyukela is an album by the South African isicathamiya group Ladysmith Black Mambazo. It was released on 5 March 2003 and was re-released in North America under the English title Raise Your Spirit Higher on Headsup International. The album was expected to have (and it did have) a solemn touch (it was the first album release after the murder of leader Joseph Shabalala's wife Nellie, in May 2002).
The album (CDGMP 40892, Gallo Record Company) was critically praised and was the first release of new material since Lihl' Ixhiba Likagogo (2000).
- "Wenyukela (Raise Your Spirit Higher)"
- "Uqinisil' Ubaba (The Lord is the Light and the Truth)"
- "Selingelethu Sonke"
- "Wangibambezela (Don't Waste His Time)"
- "Wenza Ngani? (How Did You Do That)"
- "Udidekil' Umhlaba (Lord's Work)"
- "Iyahlonipha Lengane"
- "Wamlul' Umshado (Beautiful Wedding)"
- "Because I Love You"
- "Black Is Beautiful"
- "Music Knows No Boundaries"
- "Fak' Ibhande (Don't Drink and Drive)"