West Sussex County Division
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|West Sussex County Division|
|Active||9 November 1940-18 February 1941|
The West Sussex County Division was a formation of the British Army, raised in World War II and formed by the redesignation of Brocforce on 9 November 1940. It was redesignated on 18 February 1941, becoming the Essex County Division. It was commanded by four officers, Major-General Edwin Morris from formation until 16 December, Brigadier A. E. Lawrence until 29 December, Major General Sir Oliver Leese until 30 January 1941 and then Brigadier H. J. Parham. It commanded 29th Infantry Brigade and 201st Independent Infantry Brigade (Home). It was commanded by XII Corps until 15 January 1941 and then by IV Corps.