Westfield North County
|Location||Escondido, California, USA|
|Address||272 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA 92025|
|Developer||The Hahn Company/ 55M Revitalization 2013: Westfield LLC|
|No. of stores and services||160|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1.3 million ft²|
|No. of floors||2-3|
In 1996, The Broadway became Macy's.
In 2006, following Federated Department Stores' merger with May Company, the two Robinson's May locations closed. The former Robinson's location has been subdivided into Forever 21, H&M and Old Navy, while the former May Company location is now Target.
North County Tavern + Bowl opened on the second level of the mall in December 2010, replacing Oggi's Pizza & Brewing Co. and three adjacent stores. The 15,000 square foot facility encompasses a 300-seat restaurant, a 30-foot bar, and eight bowling lanes.
In 2012, Westfield announced a $55 million revitalization plan and included renovating the mall's interior, updating the exterior mall entrances, and resurfacing the parking lot.
- "Shoppers to see double over merger". The Press-Courier. January 25, 1993. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "North County Robinsons-May stores to be closed, sold". North County Times. July 29, 2005. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Malls buy into retooling". The San Diego Union-Tribune. August 30, 2009. Retrieved September 6, 2009.
- "Target Store at Westfield Mall slated to open in October". North County Times. January 30, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Bowling returns to Escondido, but now at the mall". The San Diego Union-Tribune. December 11, 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- "Council Approves Westfield North County Revitalization Plans" (Press release). City of Escondido. January 12, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.