White Hall, Arkansas
White Hall, Arkansas
|City of White Hall|
White Hall Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument
|Incorporated||October 29, 1964|
|• Mayor||Noel Foster (I)|
|• Council||White Hall City Council|
|• City||7.06 sq mi (18.28 km2)|
|• Land||6.97 sq mi (18.06 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.21 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||724.69/sq mi (279.80/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−06:00 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−05:00 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||58868, 2405731|
|Major airport||Clinton National (LIT)|
White Hall is a city in Washington Township, Jefferson County, Arkansas, with a population of 5,526 in the 2010 census. It is included in the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and the greater Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area. The city is home to the Pine Bluff Arsenal.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,732 people, 1,780 households, and 1,418 families residing in the city. The population density was 692.1 people per square mile (267.1/km²). There were 1,925 housing units at an average density of 281.6 per square mile (108.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 92.54% White, 4.65% Black or African American, 0.49% Native American, 1.31% Asian, 0.34% from other races, and 0.68% from two or more races. 1.04% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,780 households out of which 39.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.5% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.3% were non-families. 18.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the city, the population was spread out with 27.5% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 29.5% from 25 to 44, 26.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females, there were 93.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.7 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $52,045, and the median income for a family was $56,997. Males had a median income of $38,286 versus $26,827 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,524. About 5.5% of families and 6.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.4% of those under age 18 and 8.9% of those age 65 or over.
Almost all of White Hall is served by the White Hall School District. White Hall High School is the zoned high school of the district. A small portion in the far west is in the Dollarway School District, with Dollarway High School being the zoned high school.
The Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Library System operates the White Hall Dr. Cora Economos Library, which is in proximity to the White Hall City Park. Its namesake is the former director of libraries of the library system. It received its current name on November 18, 1999.
- List of cities and towns in Arkansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Arkansas
- "White Hall". Arkansas Municipal League. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- "2017 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. February 12, 2011. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- White Hall (Jefferson County) at Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010". Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Jefferson County, AR." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 31, 2017.
- "White Hall Public Library." Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Library System. Retrieved on August 2, 2017.
- Leslie, James W. (1981). Pine Bluff and Jefferson County: A Pictorial History. Norfolk, Va.: Donning Co. ISBN 978-0898651485.
- White Hall, Arkansas at Jefferson County, Arkansas (jeffersoncountyar.gov)
- General information