Wikipedia:Good article reassessment/The Shirelles/1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Most recent review • •
- Result pending
- Lead is way too short. Just mentions the members, doesn't summarize key points of their career.
- "Founding" header is entirely unsourced.
- "Current versions of the group": " Addie "Micki" Harris died on June 10, 1982 of a heart attack." is unsourced.
- "Albums" section of discography is not properly formatted and does not source chart positions.
- None of the non-charting singles is sourced, either.
Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 00:20, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
- Comment. I can find all sorts of stuff confirming Micki's date of death, on 10 or 11 June (but which?), or at least year (1982); (google 'addie micki harris death'), but most of it looks like tertiary hearsay for WP purposes. The "best" source I've found is this, which is at least a book rather than a blog - though with only an ASIN and no ISBN, and so of questionable reliability. I've failed to google up anything which looks like a contemporary news report. There surely must be something in an Atlanta newspaper at least. Narky Blert (talk) 01:47, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: the lead is too short and the "Founding" section is unsourced for the same reason: the "Founding" section used to be part of the lead until some unhelpful edits by the IP 184.108.40.206 moved it into a separate section in January 2018. Given that everything in the "Founding" section is sourced later on in the article text, as it should be, restoring this part to the lead would go a long way to solving these two issues. The AllMusic Biography by Steve Huey lists Micki Harris' date and cause of death. Richard3120 (talk) 17:05, 6 August 2019 (UTC)