- The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the miscellaneous page below. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the page's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.
The result of the discussion was wrong venue, moving to TFD. BencherliteTalk 13:05, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
- Template:User warning-mentalhealth (edit | talk | history | links | watch | logs)
This is the result of a discussion at  where a user put this template on a page before hatting it with the note "Still current, but seemingly ineffective at stemming others' aggression." The user then committed suicide. This nomination is so that more further discussion should be had on the subject of such templates on the basis of Wikipedia is not therapy. See also Template_talk:User_warning-mentalhealth#Discussion of template at Jimbo's talk.
Note that I am unsure of where to place this discussion, although Leaky Cauldron did say it belonged at MFD. If it belongs at TFD please move it. KonveyorBelt 23:26, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
- I suggested MfD without really thinking about TfD. If it needs to be at TfD for a discussion, so be it. Anywhere a decent exposure can be had. Leaky Caldron 23:37, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not exactly worried about exposure as I already mentioned it at Jimbo's talk. Would MFD be appropriate policy wise? KonveyorBelt 23:45, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
- Keep - it may not be very widely used, but I think this is in principle a useful template. I'm happy not to have any serious mental health problems myself (as far as I know!), but for those who do, I can imagine they might want to notify other editors of that fact, and that it may affect their editing. Robofish (talk) 23:24, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
- Delete - No way of knowing if this template is being used in good faith. Too easy for trolls to use this template as cover for trolling. --Surturz (talk) 02:57, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
- Keep. Unconvinced by the nom or Surturz that there is likely any problem with the template itself. It seems useful. the prohibition on using it on others seems a sufficient troll barrier. --SmokeyJoe (talk) 09:17, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the page's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.