|This investigation concluded that some users were editing from the same IP address (and consequently, users were blocked from editing); however subsequent discussion (here) resulted in unblocking of some users. --ragesoss (talk) 03:07, 30 March 2011 (UTC)|
31 January 2011
- Suspected sockpuppets
- User compare report Auto-generated every hour.
Please list evidence below this line. Remember to sign at the end of your section with 4 tilde characters "~~~~"
User:MBMadmirer appears to be acting as a PR agent for Koch Industries, via an external PR agency, judging by his userpage declaration and his WP:SPA contributions, including a repeated inappropriate comparison of a page with documented and undisputed facts (Political activities of the Koch family) with George Soros conspiracy theories. (See also the month-old User_talk:MBMadmirer#COI_warning, which predates the recent dispute.) Which of course is not an SPI issue, but the recent creation of an evident sock with the same agenda, User:Deletefeader, is (it was created in order to delete a recently-created page about Koch political activities). For example, Deletefeader declares "On other Koch pages, Charles G. Koch and David H. Koch, we have already had these same debates about what should be included." - note the we, despite the fact that this account has not contributed to those pages (yet). See also MBMAdmirer's similar concerns here. It's possible of course that Deletefeader is a colleague of MBMAdmirer's (WP:MEAT), but a connection seems highly likely. Rd232 talk 17:41, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Comments by other users
Accused parties may also comment/discuss in this section below. See Defending yourself against claims.
Clerk, CheckUser, and/or patrolling admin comments
I've done some preliminary investigating here and something stinks. I'd like to confer with another checkuser to nail some final results. One thing I can say is that Deletefeader (talk · contribs) and PokingTocqueville (talk · contribs) are Unrelated to MBMadmirer from a technical standpoint. TNXMan 23:41, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- OK. After checking with another CU, it looks like we have two groups here, which (as I mention above) are Unrelated to each other, but very Likely matches to the other in the group. Here we go:
- Group One
- Group Two
- TNXMan 01:11, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
- Administrator note: Okay. I made Heinleinscat the master of the first set, and Nanorlb master of the second. And everyone's been blocked and tagged for puppeting. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 02:50, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
- Jeff Bedford has appealed to BASC, and confirmed that MBMadmirer, Jeff Bedford, Crislen and Nanorlb all work for the same company, but that Jeff Bedford, Crislen and Nanorlb have never edited any article relating to the company. As all three are productive contributors and do not appear to be editing with COI, the Arbs have agreed to unblock them at this time. We haven't looked at the others in that block, so far they haven't contacted us. If it turns out they are editing constructively I will unblock them as well.Elen of the Roads (talk) 20:59, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Guys, I'm pulling this case out of the archive, as it's clear that there are a great number of issues here. I've received notices that at least two people in the latter group and one in the former are questioning their blocks. I'll state this once again: this has been forwarded onto the checkusers mailing list and is awaiting further investigation. Hopefully they get to it soon, but as I'm not a checkuser, I don't have any further information on it at this time. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 12:54, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Administrator note: Well, whatever. With no further assistance coming through, I've unblocked everyone in the first group. Hopefully that's the end of the meatpuppeting there. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 03:06, 14 February 2011 (UTC)