06 September 2019
- Tools: Auto-generated every hour.
All four accounts are adding promotional content to the article on Joel Gilbert based on highly questionable sources Daily Mail (RSP entry) and WorldNetDaily (RSP entry) in violation of the verifiability and neutral point of view policies.
Special:Diff/901036949/912519320) to the article on 25–26 August, and I cleaned up the article on 26 August. On 6 September, (Special:Diff/914306698) and (Special:Diff/914351777) reintroduced the promotional content. When I reverted the additions, undid my reversion (Special:Diff/914358913).first added the promotional content (
- Requesting CheckUser due to possibility of additional participating accounts. — Newslinger talk 05:43, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Added IP address Joel Gilbert article. — Newslinger talk 21:43, 6 October 2019 (UTC) due to its similar edits on the
Comments by other users
Accused parties may also comment/discuss in this section below. See Defending yourself against claims.
- I saw this at COIN and have reverted a few edits by the above users. Just a note to say that the user HotNateDog has alluded to group editing efforts:
Users RoryWithMunchkins, and JGoldman76 have done the majority of the revising already but better sources are in order., as has JGoldman76 (
There was no conflict of interest other than a group (who moved on without me) trying to do an article together so no one had to do a whole page.". JGoldman76 also curiously responds to a COIN notice on their talk page with.. an unblock notice? All very WP:DUCK.ThatMontrealIP (talk) 12:18, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
How can I help this investigation? I don't know how I got tied up with everyone else because I have nothing to do with 'Sweethominy' and have no affiliation with any of the other people other than coming across the same reddit post and briefly talking about doing wiki for fun, then one person browsed wiki and suggested a bunch of controversial articles to try, then someone else said it'd be faster if people did it in groups, and then only a few people actually did try and edit stuff, then joel gilbert was suggested by someone else who said it looked easy enough, and now I'm somehow linked to this other account when I'm literally just trying to get computer practice. Only reason I've spent so much time on it is its the first page I've spent time on and it really does need to be fixed. So if there's anything I can to do to assure you I'm innocent or what not, please let me know! — Preceding unsigned comment added by JGoldman76 (talk • contribs) 18:30, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
Clerk, CheckUser, and/or patrolling admin comments
- These edits  make me pretty sure that JGoldman76 and HotNateDog have wiki experience far in excess of their apparent editing history. -- RoySmith (talk) 14:56, 15 October 2019 (UTC)