- The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the template below. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the template's talk page or in a deletion review).
The result of the discussion was delete. Plastikspork ―Œ(talk) 00:08, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
A completely unnecessary and non-standard template. If people want to know who the governor of New Jersey is then they go to the New Jersey article, not to articles about individual towns. This (and other templates about senators, congressmen, etc.) bloats articles about municipalities. The articles are long enough without redundant information. Should every article about an American city also include the line "The president of the United States is Donald Trump? Rusf10 (talk) 03:59, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Delete per nom. How on earth has this survived since 2005? Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 22:18, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- It gets worse: Category:New Jersey government templates. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 22:19, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- I would support deleting the Governor and Freeholder template, because this information can be deduced from the state and county pages linked elsewhere in the article. However, the district representatives (both state and national) should be retained, since these do not follow any other political boundaries and can not be deduced simply from the name and location of the town.-A-M-B-1996- (talk) 20:33, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- @-A-M-B-1996-:The only thing up for deletion currently is the governor template. Perhaps all of them should be deleted. Even the representatives. Wouldn't it make more sense just to tell the reader which legislative district the town is in and then they can click on the link if they're interested. What's happening currently is several redundant paragraphs have been added to every municipal article. It's unnecessary clutter.--Rusf10 (talk) 00:03, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Delete as it just adds unthinking bloat to the articles. -- Whpq (talk) 16:15, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the template's talk page or in a deletion review).