Wikipedia:WikiProject on Adminship
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.|
Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.
The WikiProject on Adminship is a WikiProject for discussion of new approaches to granting adminship at Wikipedia.
- The adminship process at Wikipedia has been essentially unchanged over three years despite a hundredfold increase in the number of editors. Wikipedia has outgrown the RFA process, which no longer is effective in either (a) selecting the best people for the adminship role or (b) ensuring their enculturation. Our mission is to (a) formulate an alternative mechanism, (b) be advocates for its adoption by the community at large, and (c) work to ensure its success once adopted.
Membership in the WikiProject on Adminship is open to Wikipedians who support significant changes to the RFA process.
- Review and catalog the extensive discussion and fact-finding that has already taken place
- Consider the /Role of admins
- Identify the /Goals of the adminship process
- Develop and discuss alternative proposals with an eye towards selecting one or two best methods for further elaboration
none agreed yet
Viable discussions on this topic may be moved to subpages.
- See also: Subpages
At this state in the WikiProject, we are trying to capture all useful ideas for changing RFA. Listing here does not imply endorsement of a particular idea by WikiProject members.
Listing here does not imply endorsement of a particular idea by WikiProject members.
All of these projects are either inactive or were rejected by the community.
- Discussion-based -- Somewhat complete, needs review. Copied from a subpage of mine.Voice-of-All 22:09, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- Requests for adminship is not a vote -- Tony Sideway's initiative (which is unfortunately inactive)
- Temporary Deadminship
- Administrator recall
- Requests for adminship process
- Wikipedia:RFA as RFC - A proposed format for RFA loosely based on the user conduct RFC format. - Stephanie Daugherty (Triona) - Talk - Comment - 05:16, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:Qualified adminship voting - A proposal to have RFA as a vote, but exclude frivolous opposes such as editcounts and so on. Cynical 18:47, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- →AzaToth 02:26; 25 September 2006 (UTC)
- Doc 09:09; 4 October 2006 (UTC) -- Yup; keep me in the loop. Sounds more constructive than other shows in town
- FayssalF 17:31; 5 September 2006 (UTC) User:FayssalF/Sign -- Will do my beast!
- FloNight talk
- Grafikm (AutoGRAF) 16:07; 5 September 2006 (UTC)
- jc37 15:15, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- John Reid
- Lar as time permits.
- =Nichalp «Talk»= 11:10; 14 September 2006 (UTC) Can only contribute after Oct 2006.
- People Powered 19:44; 16 September 2006 (UTC)
Ram-Man. Only if the page is moved away from a WikiProject; which it is not. — Ram-Man (comment) (talk) 17:08; 5 September 2006 (UTC)
- Dan | talk
- Richard 06:08; 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- Simetrical (talk • contribs) 05:50; 7 August 2006 (UTC)
- Terence Ong (T | C) 09:18; 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- Triona - time permitting.
- The Uninvited Co.; Inc.
- Voice-of-All 00:34; 13 September 2006 (UTC)
- Werdna talk criticism 09:13; 13 September 2006 (UTC) — Interested in participating
- Williamborg (Bill) 05:28; 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- Cribananda 06:07, 19 December 2006 (UTC) cannot contribute until Jan.
- ClockworkSoul 19:26, 30 December 2006 (UTC) – I'll help as I can.
- DTGardner 22:49, 29 January 2007 (UTC) – Great Idea, intend to become involved
- Captain panda In vino veritas 03:13, 6 March 2007 (UTC) I would like to reform RfB so to help with this, I have joined.
- Majorly (o rly?) 00:53, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
- ···日本穣? · Talk to Nihonjoe 22:50, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
- Maximillion Pegasus (talk) 21:30, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- Freshbakedpie (Wanna talk?) \'_'/ 21:41, 17 April 2008 (UTC)