The Lin Family Garden in Wufeng District
Wufeng District in Taichung City
|• Total||98 km2 (38 sq mi)|
|• Density||670/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
Wufeng is a mainly agricultural town. It was heavily damaged by the Jiji earthquake on 21 September 1999, which caused around 100 deaths in the town. The 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan, which commemorates the giant quake, is built at what was formerly Guangfu Junior High School, which was destroyed when part of the school was uplifted by the Chelungpu Fault during the quake.
The two major geographical features of this town are the Wu Xi (Wu Stream), which forms the town's southern border, and Xiangbi Shan (Elephant Trunk Mountain), which lies in the eastern part of the township.
Tonglin, Jifeng, Jiayin, Benxiang, Zhongzheng, Jinrong, Laiyuan, Bentang, Beiliu, Nanliu, Side, Wufu, Dingtai, Beishi, Nanshi, Wanfeng, Jiuzheng, Kengkou, Fenggu Liugu Village.
- 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan
- Asia Museum of Modern Art
- Assembly Affairs Museum, The Legislative Yuan
- National Taiwan Symphony Orchestra
- Wufeng Lin Family Mansion and Garden
- Jiujiu Feng (Ninety-nine peaks)
- Memorial Park of the Taiwan Provincial Council
- Museum of Lin Hsien-tang
- Taiwan Mushroom Museum
National Freeway No.3 Wufeng Interchange
National Freeway No.6 Jiujeng Interchange
Provincial Highway 63 (Zhongtou Highway)
53 (rides to Wenxin Road, Nantun District)
107 (rides to Nantun District)
151 (rides to High Speed Rail Taichung Station)
- Tang Yao-ming, Minister of National Defense (2002–2004)
- "Entry #40122 (阿罩霧)". 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Hokkien). Ministry of Education, R.O.C. 2011.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Taiwan, National Museum of Natural Science – 921 Earthquake Museum of (1 June 2009). "National Museum of Natural Science – 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan". 921emt.edu.tw. Archived from the original on 5 May 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- 臺中市政府交通局 (2019-07-25). "便民服務-線上查詢-市區公車路線圖". 臺中市政府交通局. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wufeng District, Taichung.|
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|