Young Women's Christian Association (Elkhart, Indiana)
Young Women's Christian Association
Young Women's Christian Association, July 2010
|Location||120 W. Lexington Ave., Elkhart, Indiana|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Turnock, Enoch Hill|
|NRHP reference #||91000257|
|Added to NRHP||March 21, 1991|
Young Women's Christian Association, also known as the Elkhart Y.W.C.A. and Lexington House, is a historic YWCA located at Elkhart, Elkhart County, Indiana. It was built in 1919, and is a three-story, brick building on a raised basement and Bungalow / American Craftsman style design elements. It measures approximately 40 feet wide and 150 feet deep. It has a flat roof and arched openings on the first floor.:5
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Indiana State Historic Architectural and Archaeological Research Database (SHAARD)" (Searchable database). Department of Natural Resources, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology. Retrieved 2015-10-01. Note: This includes Laura Thayer (April 1990). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Young Women's Christian Association" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-10-01. and Accompanying photographs.
|This article about a property in Elkhart County, Indiana on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|