Yusuf ibn Abd al-Rahman al-Mizzi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Era||Medieval era /Midlle Ages|
|Ilm ar-Rijal|
Al-Mizzi was born in Aleppo and grew up and settled in Damascus. He is the father-in-law of Ibn Kathir. He died at Dar al-Hadith al-Ashrafiyyah in Damascus in the year 1342 C.E. He was buried in the Sufiyyah graveyard.
- Tahdhib al-Kamal fi asma' al-rijal: a reworking of Al-Kamal fi Asma' al-Rijal, a collection of hadith narrator biographies.
- Tuhfah al-Ashraf: an index of the hadith contained in the Six major Hadith collections based upon the tarf, or beginning segment, of those hadith.
|Arabic Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- "Wayback Machine". Archived from the original on December 5, 2006. Retrieved September 22, 2006.
- Laoust, Henri (2012). ""Ibn Taymiyya." Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition". BrillOnline. BrillOnline. Retrieved 2015-01-28.
- Ibn Kathir I, Le Gassick T (translator), Fareed M (reviewer) (2000). The Life of the Prophet Muhammad : English translation of Ibn Kathir's Al Sira Al Nabawiyya.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Al-Risalah al-Mustatrafah., by al-Kattani, pg. 208, Dar al-Basha'ir al-Islamiyyah, Beirut, seventh edition, 2007.
|This article about an Islamic scholar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|