|People's Republic of China|
|Chairman: Mr. Chen Jinghe|
|Products||Gold, Copper, Non-ferrous metals|
|Revenue||RMB27,769,198,000 (FY 2010)|
Number of employees
|Zijin Mining Group Company Limited|
|Literal meaning||Zijin Mining Group Joint-Stock Limited [Liability] Company|
In 2006, Zijin had 49.28 tons of the gold output and the gold produced from mining reached 20.70 tons, respectively accounting for 20.53% of China's total gold production and 11.51% of the gold produced from mining in China in the same year. In 2010 gold output had reached 69 tons.
July 2010 acid incident
On July 3 and July 16, 2010 acid waste escaped the Fujian province copper plant and into the Ting River. The accident was said to be the size of the BP deepwater oil spill. The copper plant manager, deputy manager and head of environment were detained because the company waited nine days before revealing the spill.
Sept 2010 dam collapse
In September 2010, four people were killed when a dam collapsed at the Xinyi Yinyan tin mine, following heavy rain. The dam collapse was said to be caused by rainfall generated by a typhoon occurring only once in more than 200 years.
- "Zijin Annual Results 2010" (PDF). Zijin. 2010. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- yahoo.com Archived January 30, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Brief Introduction to Zijin Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- News888.cn. "News888.cn Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine." 紫金矿业被指瞒报污染事故38 天?!. Retrieved on 2010-01-08.
- Bloomberg.com. "Bloomberg.com." Zijin mining officials fined 1.16 million yuan for waste spills in fujian. Retrieved on 2010-01-08.
- "Mining Journal - Zijin Mining says dam collapse led to four deaths". Retrieved 2010-09-28.