We collect a variety of information about you, including:
- Information you provide directly to CBS Services.
- Information about your computer and browsing activities on the Services, including through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies.
- Information about you from other third-party sources , including your personal information if you access a CBS Service through social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Information about you from other sources where permitted by law.
Use of Information
The purpose for which we use the personal information we collect will depend on the particular interaction you have with CBS Services. We use the information we collect to:
- Provide the services you request.
- Tell you about offers we think you will value.
- Customize the content and advertising you see.
- Improve your experience on CBS Services.
- And, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your information:
- Where we have obtained your consent, including with video content and social networking services as described in our Video Services Policy.
- With our third party service providers.
- With business partners who sponsor a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion; or who jointly offer a service or feature with a CBS Service.
- Within the family of CBS businesses.
- If a CBS Service is sold to another company.
- To protect or defend the rights of CBS or our users.
- When required by law or public authorities.
- If you choose to share contact information with us, you will have the opportunity to update that information.
- You can stop the delivery of commercial email or text messages from a CBS Service or service by following the instructions in any such email or text message you receive.
- You have choices about the collection and use of your information by third parties to display relevant advertisements, as described in our overview of Third Party Online Advertising
- You also may choose to opt out of the use of certain data that we collect to customize advertising. To opt out, visit the CBS Advertising Opt-Out page.
- CBS is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable procedures to help protect your information, but please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How to Contact Us
CBS Interactive Inc. 235 Second Street San Francisco, CA 94105 USA Attn: Legal Department
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which a CBS Service has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your request and include the name of the CBS Services with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept these requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. For additional information for residents of the State of California, click here.
EU Data Subject Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides certain rights for EU data subjects. For additional information for residents of the EU, click here.
Canada Privacy Rights
The Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) provides certain rights for Canadian residents. For additional information for residents of Canada, click here
Australia Privacy Rights
The Australian Privacy Act provides certain rights to Australian residents. For additional information for residents of Australia, click here