Cuba Gooding Jr is indicted on new criminal charges involving a third woman who has accused the embattled actor of sexual misconduct in New York City
- Gooding Jr will be arraigned on charges from the third accuser next week
- He already faced four misdemeanor counts for claims from two other women
- The actor's attorney said he is prepared to plead not guilty to the new charges
- Last week prosecutors announced that there were 12 more accusers lined up with claims of sexual harassment by Gooding Jr dating back to 2001
- He has not been charged in those cases but the accusers are hoping to testify at his trial, prosecutors said
- Gooding Jr has denied all allegations against him
Cuba Gooding Jr has been indicted on new criminal charges stemming from allegations involving a third woman to accuse him of sexual assault
Cuba Gooding Jr has been indicted on new criminal charges stemming from allegations involving a third woman to accuse him of sexual assault.
The 51-year-old actor, who was already facing four misdemeanor charges for allegations from two other women, will be arraigned in the third case next week, according to his attorney, Mark Jay Heller.
Heller said Gooding Jr is prepared to plead not guilty to the additional charges. The full indictment will be unsealed at his hearing on October 31.
'The new accuser is just one more splinter that comes out of the woodwork when a celebrity is criminally charged, but none of the splinters will form a plank leading to his conviction because he has not committed any crime,' the attorney told Page Six on Tuesday.
Last week prosecutors announced that there were 12 more accusers lined up with claims of sexual harassment by Gooding Jr dating back to 2001.
He has not been charged in those cases but the accusers are hoping to testify at his trial, prosecutors said.
Gooding Jr, who was already facing four misdemeanor charges for allegations from two other women, will be arraigned in the third case next week. He is seen in court on October 15
One of the two accusers who previously brought charges against Gooding Jr, Natasha Ashworth, filed a lawsuit against Gooding Jr on Monday.
She claims that she has video proof that he groped her while she was working as a waitress at Manhattan hot spot Tao in October 2018.
In court documents obtained by TMZ, Ashworth said she was serving Gooding Jr's table at the bar and restaurant when he asked her: 'Do you want to see my impression of a penis.'
She claims she said no - but he proceeded to drink from his glass before spitting the liquid back into it.
Ashford said she saw Gooding Jr toward the end of her shift, at which point he 'used his right hand to pinch her' behind.
She alleged in her lawsuit that she told him: 'Don't touch my butt,' to which he replied: 'Aw, that's no fun ... and I didn't, I touched your back.'
She claims she grabbed Gooding Jr's arm and told him to leave. A club promoter who was with him urged him to leave but he pushed the promoter out of the way, Ashford alleged.
The accuser said Gooding Jr went to a Tao manager and tried to excuse his conduct as innocent.
Gooding Jr has staunchly denied all allegations of misconduct.
Natasha Ashworth claims Gooding Jr groped her while she served him at Tao, a trendy nightclub, restaurant and bar in Manhattan (pictured), in October 2018
He was arrested in June after the first accuser, a 29-year-old woman who has not been named, phoned police claiming that he grabbed her breast while he was drunk at the Magic Hour Rooftop Bar in Manhattan.
She alleged that Gooding Jr groped her in front of his girlfriend, Claudine De Niro, and that he also felt her leg.
He has always denied it, saying that she tried to come on to him and called the police when he rejected her.
His attorneys previously alleged in court documents that the original accuser approached him and his girlfriend when they were sitting at a table in the club and that he asked her to leave them alone.
They also alleged that police were called to the scene that night and after reviewing 45 minutes of footage, found nothing incriminating.
However prosecutors decided to push ahead with the case afterwards.
Surveillance footage of the incident, in which the actor is seen stroking the alleged victim's thigh and then reaching over towards her chest, is likely to be submitted into evidence.
Gooding Jr was arrested in June after the first accuser, a 29-year-old woman who has not been named, phoned police claiming that he grabbed her breast while he was drunk at the Magic Hour Rooftop Bar in Manhattan. The actor is seen with his girlfriend Claudine De Niro in the wake of the latest sexual assault accusations on October 14
Surveillance footage shows Gooding Jr stroking his original accuser's leg and appearing to lean over his girlfriend, who was sitting between them, and reaching his hand toward her chest at the Magic Hour Rooftop in Manhattan in June
THE CHARGES AND ALLEGATIONS
June 2019 - 2 counts; forcible touching and sexual abuse
Gooding Jr. has been charged with forcible touching and third degree sexual abuse - both misdemeanors - for allegedly touching a woman's breast at the Magic Hour Rooftop in Manhattan this June. He denies it.
October 2018 - 2 counts; forcible touching and sexual abuse
The grand jury indictment is connected to a different incident, in October last year at Tao nightclub in Manhattan.
For that incident, he is charged with forcible touching and third degree sexual abuse.
Papers filed by prosecutors on Tuesday also describe 12 other incidents over which he has not been charged but which prosecutors think constitute misconduct. They include:
1) A 2001 incident at the W Hotel where he approached a woman he had never met and 'rubbed his groin and pelvis against her buttocks while simultaneously grabbed her buttocks and breast with his hand'.
2) A 2003 incident at the Yard House in Long Beach where he allegedly put his hand on another woman's buttocks and 'squeezed it' while they had a photo taken together. He then told her: 'You've got a good piece of a**'
3) A 2006 incident at Chi, a bar in Hollywood, where he approached a woman from behind and 'bit her shoulder, on her bare back' twice, then 'thrust his pelvis' against her leg and 'attempted to lift the bottom of her shirt up'
4) A 2007 incident at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas where, at a 'movie related event', 'forcibly pulled' a woman towards him and 'attempted to kiss her' after calling her and her friends over to his table. He then allegedly 'licked' her face and 'grabbed her buttocks'
The next night, he allegedly grabbed the same woman and placed his tongue against her closed lips
5) An incident at Butter, a now closed nightclub in Manhattan, sometime between 2007 and 2008 where he allegedly grabbed another woman's buttocks and 'squeezed' it as she walked through a crowd
6) An incident in 2011 at a bar in Los Angeles where he allegedly placed his hand inside a woman's blouse and 'squeezed her bare breast' and told her: 'sit on my face and pee in my mouth'
7) An October 2011 incident at Sfuzzi's in Dallas, Texas, where he allegedly grabbed a woman's buttocks and 'rubbed' them
8) A November 2013 incident at the Chatwal Hotel in New York where he 'grabbed a woman's buttocks and licked her neck'
9) A 2014 incident at Cafe Havana in Malibu where he 'reached under a woman's skirt and touched her vagina over her underwear'
10) A 2015 incident at Nobu, Malibu, where he 'attempted to kiss' a woman then bit her shoulder. When she argued with him, he allegedly called her a 'c**t' and a 'b***h'.
11) An incident 'approximately five years ago' at Burt's Tiki Lounge in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where he 'grabbed a woman's buttocks' then told her to stop smoking cigarettes.
12) On August 16, 2018, at the Shore Bar in Santa Monica, told a woman: 'Damn, you're hot', asked if she was married then asked her to lean in closer to him where her proceeded to 'grab her buttocks and breast and forcibly kissed her, inserting his tongue into her mouth'