Prof. John H. Westcott
Phone: +44 20 7594 6240
Fax: +44 20 7594 6282
Short Curriculum Vitae
1941-1945 BTH Company (Rugby) Apprentice (Radar Research and Development)
1951-1956 Imperial College, Electrical Engineering Department, Lecturer. Founder /Head of Control Section.
1961-1984 Professor of Control Systems.
1970-1979 Head of Department of Computing and Control.
1984-present. Senior Research Fellow/Emeritus Professor.
PhD, University of London
DIC, Imperial College
DSc(Eng), University of London
FCGI, Imperial College
- Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS)
- Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering (FREng)
- Hon FIEE
- Hon FInstMC
- Optimal Control Theory and Self-Optimising Techniques
- Optimal Policy Evaluation (Macro-economics).
1945-1946 Member of Control Commission for Germany.
1953-1958 Consultant to Bataafsche Petroleum Maatshappij (Shell), The Hague, Netherlands.
1955-1969 Consultant to Associated Electrical Industries (AEI)
1965-1969 Consultant to Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI)
1975-1980 Consultant to George Wimpey and Son
1983-1985 Consultant to Westlands
- 1958-1998 Chairman of Feedback plc.
- 1968-1969 Chairman of Control and Automation Division, IEE
- 1969-1975 Member of Executive Council, IFAC
Last update: 15-November-00
Author: John H. Westcott, E-mail: email@example.com