- Beard, Charles A. An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution
of the United States. New York: Houghton Mifflin, 1913.
- Beard, Charles A. and Mary. Basic History of the United States.
New York: Doubleday, Doran, and Company, 1944.
- Becker, Carl. Beginnings of the American People. New York:
Houghton Mifflin, 1922.
- Becker, Carl. The History of Political Parties in the Province of
New York, 1760-1776. Madison, Wisconsin: University of Wisconsin, 1909.
- Billias, George Athan, ed. The American Revolution: How Revolutionary Was It? New York:
Holt Rinehart, and Winston, Inc., 1990. Originally published in 1965. Used for background
- Fiske, John. The American Revolution, vol. II. New York: Houghton
- Hart, Albert Bushnell. Formation of the Union, 1750-1829. New York:
Longmans, Green, and Company, 1894.
- Hofstadter, Richard. The Progressive Historians: Turner, Beard,
Parrington. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1968.
- Jameson, J. Franklin. The American Revolution Considered as a Social
Movement. Princeton University: Princeton University Press, 1973. Originally published in
- Schlesinger, Arthur M. Sr. The Colonial Merchants and the American
Revolution. New York: Facsimile Library, Inc., 1939. Originally published in 1918.
- Turner, Frederick Jackson. The Frontier in American History.
New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, 1962. Originally published in 1920.
- Turner, Frederick Jackson. The Significance of Sections in American
History. New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1932. Reprinted in 1950.